GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Suspension

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 26th 2010, 09:29

Clive,

Thanks for the heads up.. I has thinking on my way to work, to look at the physical dimensions of the 944 top mount as I have a set of complete struts laying around..

As far as your first sentence, was trying to avoid the whole insert approach, if possible, hence why I like am liking the 1303 Koni struts.. They only thing I need to check is if they are rebuildable.. otherwise, I hear you, and I was thinking the same as far as using a 944 2 bolt strut casing with some koni 944 inserts. I figure I can call Koni and for some additional $$ get them set up with the same specs as the 1303 that they offer. While I do have the topline set up, all ready to go, I think I will hold these for my other car a 78 vert, and I don't like the lack of adjustablity for rebound, and minimal height. As I will be corner balancing car, and the topline doesn't offered the same type of adjustablity as a strut collar. Plus the weight, is a little high on these..

The other area I need to investigate is the threaded area of these struts, to determine what topmount to use for the 2-2.5 inch springs as well as how they would fit under the 944 hats as is done with the topline struts..

I have some coilover sleeves just sitting around so looking fwd to investigating once I have some free cash..

Can you take some pics of the 944 hats on the car.. do you need to clearance anything from underneath.. If no issues, I may pursue some ground control topmounts, drill the extra holes, and use them on this koni setup.. they have an integrated top hat for 2-2-5 inch springs, and provide camber adjability..

VR
Alex
Tele: 973 204-5463