GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Classifieds > For Sale

Old May 21st 2003, 22:58

For Sale: Big Brake Kit for Bugs.

This brake conversion uses late model (99 and later VR6 Golf – Drivers Edition) brakes. This setup will yield 5-100mm bolt pattern. I built this kit for my own 72 super, but my choice of rims was not compatible with caliper, and caused interference. A 3/8” spacer would alleviate this issue, but that would mean fender problems with the rims I have. OEM VW rims will not have this problem. Some after-market rims also do not interfere.

INCLUDED: Two new OEM calipers (with new slides and pads) and two gently used brake rotors. The rotors are cross drilled, and are about 11.375” in diameter, and 0.950” in width. . Two hubs are included as are the caliper brackets. Relevant hardware is included.

NOT INCLUDED: You will need two brake hoses from the above mentioned golf, and you will have to put in bearings and races into the hub (super beetle bearings)., or you can transfer your old bearings/races.

NOTE: This setup will increase your track by 0.25” per side. I may be able to adapt the setup to a balljoint bug spindle, if anyone is interested. Also, I may be able to change the bolt pattern to 4-100mm.

C$550: lanner@vdubcustoms.com

See pics here:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie...05211940155322