GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Project Builds

Old September 3rd 2010, 01:05

Hi ,
DO u have an intercooler on your engine? I can't quite see one unless it's in the rear parcel tray? 21psi of boost without an intercooler is pretty huge! I only run 8psi with a WAIC setup, the other day on the way to pick up the kids from school, I noticed that my air intake temp guage on my dash started rising. Turned out to be nothing more than a bit of faulty wiring on the water pump for the intercooler, BUT, the intake temps rose 15degrees higher than where they normally sit & it's winter over here at the moment! I also kept my foot out of it all the way home, I'm just a bit pedantic. Just something to think about, thinking about 21psi with no intercooler scares me.
If u do have an intercooler, ignore all of the above. LOL
regards
jak

http://www.superbeetlesonly.com/foru...y&cmd=sc&cat=6
Old September 3rd 2010, 01:38

STIDUB: The intake pipe wasn't really secured on the dyno but normally it's tied to the oil filler neck. All the piping (exhaust and intake) has been ceramic coated. It was all wrapped up before but constant oil leaks soaked the wrap in oil causing it to smoke badly so I removed it. I'll probably wrap it again before the rainy season hits.

jakriz: This is no intercooler but I am using 50/50 water/alcohol injection which keeps the intake temps reasonable. The last logs I had said 150F-170F under boost and the motor was poorly tuned. I want to grab new logs to see what kind of temps I'm hitting post dyno. I do know that I have 16* advance/21lbs boost @ 6000 rpm without detonation on a 90F day so it can't be too wild.