GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Clubs From Around The World > VolkSport Käfer Gruppe

Old October 25th 2004, 22:15

New GL Project on the way... hopefully

Well Ive had the Fasty up for sale for quite a while with little interest shown so far. But now that Ive also listed it up for trade too (for a 1303 only) its had a little more positive response. Two people have show interest in trading 1974 1303s for my fasty. One's plans changed so he backed out of the trade, but told me if I sold mine, he would sell me his 1303 for cheap. The other is still very interested in trading and even willing to trailer his car down from Missouri to drop off his car and pick mine up. If this goes down it will happen on the weekend after Bugjam (thats when he has off work).

To some it may look like Im going from project to project, but the truth of matter is that I always wanted to do a 1303 GL project from the beginning. When I found this site, I owned a 67 beetle, which I ended up selling because I knew it wasnt the right car for the job. The 67 was originally going to be my street/strip beetle, but when I really got into the German Look, I decided to put off building a 67 and just concentrate on a GL. When I couldnt find the right 1303 for the project, I settled for the 1302 that came my way a few years ago. After almost completing the car aesthetically (minus a T4 motor), I decided to sell my 1302 because my $4500 paint job went really bad. Then it was really easy for me to sell the car, because it wasnt first choice for a GL project anyways. Then I bought the fastback to replace my 1302 only because thats what my wife talked me into. Its not what I really wanted either for my next GL project.

In the meantime I bought another 67 Beetle and Ive been working on another Street/Strip car for the last 6 months (which is not being built into a GL btw). This is another project that Ive always wanted to build and figured after almost completing a GL car, I might as well build a street/strip beetle for my next project and give myself a break from the German Look. Now after 6 months of working on the car, it has almost all new electrical, brand new floorpans and in the coming weeks it will have a 2276 T1 engine built by VW Paradise and a close ratio tranny. Once that car is running and on the road, it will be about the right time to start another GL project over the winter months. Thats where the 74 1303 comes in. If I get the right 1303 (one that is running and doesnt need floors or body work) I will use it as a daily driver/slash GL project in the works.

If all goes well, I will probably sell the 00 Jetta I bought and put the money into finishing both projects. Just as I wanted to do in the first place....LOL

Sorry for being so long winded, I just figured Id let everyone know where my head has been at the better part of this past year....

'I drive way to fast to worry about cholesterol!'

'67 Sunroof Notchback * '68 FI Squareback
Old October 25th 2004, 22:30
Superman

When it come to German Look the 1303 is the way to go and I wouldn't settle for anything less for any amount of time. With that said my car is going on 14 years of being in pieces but most of that was due to the lack of information in 1990 and well to be honest my Jetta really gets most of the money but the 1303 is slowly collecting more parts than dust and one day soon I'll finish it. In short, I feel ya!
Old October 25th 2004, 23:23

Ahhh Joe, I can easily see you with all of them a month from now saying "Dang, I just can't seem to get rid of any of them".
VKG Bastage child
Old October 25th 2004, 23:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panelfantastic
Ahhh Joe, I can easily see you with all of them a month from now saying "Dang, I just can't seem to get rid of any of them".
I hear ya.... If I could I would have one of every vw and probably a few of some

Old October 26th 2004, 09:52

Quote:
I hear ya.... If I could I would have one of every vw and probably a few of some
I'm only in the begining stages with my GL project, and I still want a notch, a square, maybe a bus, and a ........

Not to mention probably 15 more assorted makes and models. I have to say though that you see more project than most Joe. I'm definitely jealous
VKG
Old October 26th 2004, 10:30

Yep, I already told Joe I'd love to build a pro-street notch. A GL manx with a big turbo is also on my wish list, along with a Massive conversion for the wife's oval... without the lottery though...
VKG Bastage child
Old October 26th 2004, 10:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustbucket
I'm only in the begining stages with my GL project, and I still want a notch, a square, maybe a bus, and a ........

Not to mention probably 15 more assorted makes and models. I have to say though that you see more project than most Joe. I'm definitely jealous
Well I wish I could keep them all. It sux to have to sell them to fund other projects....

Old October 26th 2004, 10:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panelfantastic
Yep, I already told Joe I'd love to build a pro-street notch. A GL manx with a big turbo is also on my wish list, along with a Massive conversion for the wife's oval... without the lottery though...
I'd be dangerous if I won the lottery.... :raiseroof

Old October 26th 2004, 16:33

hope it works out. would love to see you back in a GL. last project was starting to shape up nicely.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old October 26th 2004, 16:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen
hope it works out. would love to see you back in a GL. last project was starting to shape up nicely.
Well, whether these trade deals work out or not, I will eventually get a 1303 for sure. I was really hoping the first trade wouldve worked out because it already had an aftermarket AC Installed. Man that wouldve been sweet!!!

The second trade seems like it will go thru as long as I want it to. The 1303 trader is very motivated to get a Sunroof Fasty....

Old October 26th 2004, 19:10

I'll sell ya mine if I can find enough boxes to put it in!

Kidding aside, :agree: Yes, 1303 is definately the ideal GL. I hope your trade deal is fruitful Joe. Good luck.
'83 928S 4.7
Old November 1st 2004, 11:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetibone
I'll sell ya mine if I can find enough boxes to put it in!

Kidding aside, :agree: Yes, 1303 is definately the ideal GL. I hope your trade deal is fruitful Joe. Good luck.
No more projects please! JK
Actually I want to get a car that is nice enough to be a daily driver so that I can work on it along the way. I dont want another car that is off the road and not in use for a long time. I already have the 67 project that is off the road and I want that to get completed as much as possible before really digging into a GL project.

Btw, I talked with the guy that has the 74 1303 the other day and as long as I am willing to trade, he said he would drive down here to do the swap the weekend after Bug Jam.