GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Old December 21st 2012, 19:05

JPM MS250 MS330 vw heads

Hi! Looking at some JPM dyno days videos I learned about the MS250 and the MS330!
Any information and aplications on those?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG0KYcc1sZg
Old December 22nd 2012, 00:07

the 2cyl motor in the end of that vid is AWESOME! i gotta wonder what kind of power it makes and how the crank is made/balanced. it sounds like a motorcycle. lol.
Old December 22nd 2012, 14:15

it was actually a single, the 'no4' was blank, such set ups are usually used to test pre production prototype parts, pistons, rods etc, saves killing an engine if anything lets go.
Old February 9th 2013, 14:06

MS230 94mm bore head costs about 2800 euros and it flows with 48x38 valves 230cfm@15mm. 4" bore head costs about 3400 euros

MS250 is little improvement And MS330 evo is racehead for 3.0 liter streetcar

http://www.vwnorge.no/index.php/topic,47954.30.html

I have found other good head, its Thorsten Piepers billet head, with atleast as much as MS230 or more cooling fins, including over exhaust port. It has also dual spark plugs

http://bugfans.de/forum/wbx-fremdmot...tum-t2693.html

Last edited by -Alex-; March 11th 2013 at 03:37.
Old March 2nd 2013, 16:01

Very Nice Work

Hello, the more I see new stuff on the market for the high performance VW, the more I see the prices going outer space. 4300 euros equates to 5,560.00 U.S and this is not for the 3 liter version either; so more price increase. I understand a person need a return on its investment, but this is a lot of money. It may end with hundreds buying the heads, instead of thousands. That's a lot of money And with there being a CNC and programs, its really not that hard to come up with a very nice part and not having going through all of the trails and test, it mostly done in the soft wear. Even thousands will not be hard, due to either casting or billet. Maybe the builder only wants the rare few to be able to afford his product.
Old March 4th 2013, 04:36

Thorsten Pieper´s heads are awesome! At the moment there are only a couple of pairs out there and are being tested.Maybe he will produce a few more.However his heads are for the wbx converted to air.JPM probably has the best type 1 heads on the market at the moment,the quality is exceptional and they have enormous potential.They are expensive,but think about buying the other heads available and having them ported and the JPM heads are 100% streetable unlike the others.
Old March 11th 2013, 03:52

Sorry, i did gvie wrong pricenumbers for JPM heads..

TP's heads fit for type 1 engines also, allthough they are only for engines with wbx headstud spacing. Maybe he can produce them with type 1 stud spacing also.

But wbx stud spacing equals more cc

TP's heads may cool even little better, since they have trhoughholes and full exhaust fins.

TP's heads are not available as bolt on, but they have also a lot of potential. His bare heads cost 1800€ pair, i calculated that valves and rest of stuff including JPM springs and ti retainers cost about 730€ from CSP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Turbobug View Post
Thorsten Pieper´s heads are awesome! At the moment there are only a couple of pairs out there and are being tested.Maybe he will produce a few more.However his heads are for the wbx converted to air.JPM probably has the best type 1 heads on the market at the moment,the quality is exceptional and they have enormous potential.They are expensive,but think about buying the other heads available and having them ported and the JPM heads are 100% streetable unlike the others.