GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Old July 22nd 2006, 19:51

maxx strut v.s. kersher conversions

i am a little confused about the 2 . does anybody know the pros and cons of each. i cant even find the kerscer site in english so im having trouble finding info on them. my plan is to run sloted giah disk brakes up fron ina prosche stuf pattern for my desighn 90 wheels. the wheel fit right now with stock struts but that is because i have wheel adapters right now. the tire size i am running is a 225. to me that sounds a little over board . i was thinking more of a 205 or 215 .

so my questions are:

pros and cons an general info on the maxx and kerscher struts

what size of tire up front.

what will it take to fit my desighn 90s on the giah disk brakes. fender clearence is not a problem because i have widend flared fenders.
Old July 22nd 2006, 21:18

Pro for Kerscher: Multi-adjustable in height and ride while installed whereas the MaXX have slotted adjustments for different heights when off of the car. Therefore, one can "tune" the Kerschers. (For most people the question becomes How often are you going to adjust them once they are on?)

Pro for MaXX: Cost -- especially if you live in North America. When one gets done with shipping, handling, and the exchange rate, Kerschers are more than twice as much.

The TopLine site talks about tire sizes under stock fenders. Kerschers won't be anything significantly different.