GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Project Builds

Old August 18th 2020, 23:51

NO KIDDING!!! One of my offices is in Eastvale! I fly into the Ontario Airport!!!
Old August 18th 2020, 23:54

No worries. I'm sure others have the same questions.

I'm not sure the question, or the answer I should give.

When you ask "How much pedal area is taken up.", do you mean how much physical space is taken up by the pedal cluster, or the adjuster's range of motion?
Old August 19th 2020, 01:25

Hey, I'm in Rancho, 6 min from Ontario Airport. I believe I asked you questions on the pedal assembly; however its pricing, was out of my range. I'm good about accepting my limits. Why not go 6 cylinders turbos? Even now I see were if I did a convert from 1303 chopped and mixed with a bus back half. With that setup, a Subie 6 will fit. I don't race, but I want speed and assurance against possible failures. I almost found someone that sells how to convert drawings. Call me weird but I can see that setup with the Aero fenders. Differents is good. The Harley and VW were never supposed to turn out to what they have become.
Old August 19th 2020, 08:13

More goodies for my motor from Marco at Mansispeed.com

I sent my intake in to get modified to accept higher flow injectors as this turbocharged engine will definitely need them.

"A little something that I’ve done in the passed but never really shown anyone, I increase the runner diameter of the stock waterboxer by 4.5mm in diameter to allow more flow and hp more than 150hp, this is a large bottle neck, I have gone bigger than 4.5mm but low end torque suffers and its only done for big power turbo motors."
Old August 19th 2020, 08:19

effvee,
I had considered the Scooby route as the EZ30's sound delicious. Challenge is, it's a heavy lump and I didn't want to go to a Subaru transmission to get the clearance needed for safe road use in my Ghia.

As I work for Volkswagen, it's also sacrilege to swap something else in around HQ. I mentioned it once to one of my friends in PR, and he jumped from the 4th floor office we were in.

I'm already a rebel with running a WBX in this thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 106507741_916950078728285_3732395826721148607_n.jpg (42.5 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by DORIGTT; August 19th 2020 at 08:49.
Old August 19th 2020, 08:22

I sent my case to Mansispeed to have the lifter bores properly sleeved to allow me to run Type 1 lifters in my WBX engine. As usual, excellent work by them.
Old August 19th 2020, 08:25

One more addition to the stockpile...WBX heads in 44 x 38, and I get the first set produced!

A little update on the new Mansispeed.com big valve 44x38 Hp heads.
Almost ready for flow testing.
New stainless valves,
hardened oversize valve seats with a 7thou press fit,
Pocket ported/blended to the new seat, so keeping air velocity at a maximum but with much greater air flow.
There will be limited availability so if your interested please let me know.
Pics are at Various stages of port work and also a stock head for comparison.
Old August 20th 2020, 02:20

Hi

This is what I did for a bump stop
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bump stop.jpg (73.3 KB, 14 views)
Old August 20th 2020, 12:55

Thanks Steve!
Old August 20th 2020, 17:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by DORIGTT View Post
More goodies for my motor from Marco at Mansispeed.com

I sent my intake in to get modified to accept higher flow injectors as this turbocharged engine will definitely need them.

"A little something that I’ve done in the passed but never really shown anyone, I increase the runner diameter of the stock waterboxer by 4.5mm in diameter to allow more flow and hp more than 150hp, this is a large bottle neck, I have gone bigger than 4.5mm but low end torque suffers and its only done for big power turbo motors."
Very subtle, like it!
Old August 20th 2020, 20:02

WBX motors are typical Volkswagen. It almost s the same - exhaust port wise - as the Type 1, which means I can use a Type 1 header with a few minor modifications. Namely, #1 and #4 exhaust flanges needed to be rotated slightly and it all bolts up.

Thanks to my buddy Jesse who did the welding for me as I JUST got a TIG setup and have started practicing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5941.jpg (77.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5940.jpg (83.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 79385608_2480566928857527_7927420746832281600_n.jpg (83.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5942.jpg (85.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5944.jpg (79.3 KB, 9 views)
Old August 20th 2020, 20:09

On my side of 'The Pond', if you're into drag racing, there are a gazillion shops with expertise and components to set you up in a blink. Open your mouth about HPDE, road racing or fast road use for a non-1302/1303 over here? All the great shock suppliers make everything in 2.5" body or 2.25" which won't fit the front of my balljoint beam equipped Ghia.

Dealing with some of the suppliers in Germany and such has been a challenge, and pricing was RIDICULOUS (no ill-will towards any one shop/person) for what should've been simple.

Fortunately I was turned on to ProTech in the UK who did an amazing job with their response time, and from what I can tell build quality of the 1.9" and 2.25" multi-way adjustable shocks for the Raketenhase Ghia.

Loooots of parts to start putting on!
Old August 23rd 2020, 16:13

Ran out of space on the floor...actually, I'm always trying to be efficient with the use of space in my 'shop', so I purchased a tire rack from eBay to stash my extra set of Boxster S wheels.

Additionally, Volkswagen has a cool accessory of wheel/tire covers with handles for easy storage/manipulation of said extra wheels. I think they're cool looking!
Old August 23rd 2020, 16:20

Needed to get some 'space' in the wheel wells, so found a great deal on a couple sets to see if they'll work before any other widening of suspension components / purchasing later 944T arms.
Old August 23rd 2020, 16:28

Soooo, no-one really 'makes' a spoiler for the Raketenhase Ghia, so in keeping with the theme of 'factory parts' whenever possible, I saw a photo of a MKI GTI and thought "that might work".

If I had a dollar for all the parts I've purchased "that might work"...