GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Off Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old February 18th 2004, 02:37
thomas_niji thomas_niji is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 35
Talking What music do you listen to?

So this is the off-topic forum huh?

I wonder what you guys listen to? Hip-hop? Rock? Country? or Techno?

Yes, I listen to techno, or trance to be exact. I just feel that trance somehow has that "Germanlook" quality, whatever that quality may be.......

So, what do you guys listen?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old February 18th 2004, 05:18
samcat's Avatar
samcat samcat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 395
The nastiest, heaviest metal I can get my hands on. Stuff that makes people cringe when you drive past

Cya,
Sam C
__________________
1973 1303 (super beetle) in Jaguar British racing green,
Raby 2270, B spec gearbox, Lots of carbon fibre, Wolfrace Octane Black 17x7.5, Goodyear Eagle F1's, Kerscher suspension front and rear, kamei airdam in carbon, corbeau seats, momo millunium steering wheel.
CDT eurosport 6.5 front speakers, IDMAX 12D2 sub, rockford old school amps.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old February 18th 2004, 06:02
NO_H2O's Avatar
NO_H2O NO_H2O is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Stockbridge, GA.
Posts: 2,810
Anything but country, hip hop, techno or pop. Well almost anything.
Stuff like Tool, STP, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains etc. I also like electric Blues. I ven do Jazz (modern) and intense classical when I'm in the mood.
But mostly heavy rock.
__________________
NO_H2O
72 1302 Smack Black GL
73 Bus (2L CIS Powered)
66 Beetle, 73 Standard Beetle
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old February 18th 2004, 06:22
samcat's Avatar
samcat samcat is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by NO_H2O
But mostly heavy rock.

Great minds and all that

Cya,
Sam C
__________________
1973 1303 (super beetle) in Jaguar British racing green,
Raby 2270, B spec gearbox, Lots of carbon fibre, Wolfrace Octane Black 17x7.5, Goodyear Eagle F1's, Kerscher suspension front and rear, kamei airdam in carbon, corbeau seats, momo millunium steering wheel.
CDT eurosport 6.5 front speakers, IDMAX 12D2 sub, rockford old school amps.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old February 18th 2004, 08:22
vujade's Avatar
vujade vujade is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: DB, FL, US
Posts: 2,705
My favorite type of music is most forms of electronic music.
I like everything from Depeche Mode & New Order to German Trance
(like Sven Vath, Paul Van Dyk and Jam & Spoon) and everything in between.
I also like classic rock like AC/DC & Pink Floyd and new rock like linkin Park & Staind

But like Dave above, I will listen to anything except country
__________________
WinterJam 2010: Vdub, Surf, Skate & Musis Fest
WinterJam 2010

'I drive way to fast to worry about cholesterol!'

'67 Sunroof Notchback * '68 FI Squareback
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old February 18th 2004, 17:46
boygenius's Avatar
boygenius boygenius is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Spring Hill. Florida
Posts: 1,663
Rock, alternative, Rap, techno, and some popular country.

If you work in a little hick town you eventualy listen to country, it just sneeks up on you.

My favorite band currently has to be STAIND.... :righton:
__________________
I love my money pit, uhm, err, I mean my car.
1969 beetle in the works... 2.0 type 4 DTM...
2004 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 crashed
www.volksport.net Volksport Kfer Gruppe
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old February 18th 2004, 19:31
zen's Avatar
zen zen is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: atlanta, ga
Posts: 2,946
i could go on for hours. as with most, just about everything. grew up and still rely on solid rock. early days was alice cooper, rush, deep purple, kiss, cheap trick, thin lizzy, on and on. lately king's x and its many spinoffs, huge peter gabirel fan, live, still rush, on and on.

love my rock, but still love a solidly written and executed song of any style. good songwriting transcends style. i also go on year long swings of styles. was soul a few years back. lately is bluegrass (odd ain't it) mainly because of a live performance i saw of alison kraus and union station. i am always on the hunt for fresh sounds.

an entertaining show i've caught lately is crossroads on CMT. they match a rock star with a country star and do each other's music. so far i have seen:
kid rock and hank jr.
martina mcbride and pat benetar
and the best was dave matthews and emmylou harris

and lastly, my music tends to be a bit of a favorite. of course every band has to form and stick to an identity (diversity doesn't work if you want to make it). my last band and probably my last true effort was powerplay. pending CD even though i am not in the band. check it out here:

www.powerplayrocks.com
__________________
zen
'73 2316 TIV GL Standard Bug (quasi)


Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old February 18th 2004, 23:22
volksdragon's Avatar
volksdragon volksdragon is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 250
well here i go

ska (from the 60's to some of today's), punk (from the clash to nofx), jazz influanced hip hop (ie the roots, pharcyde, beastie boys)

hmmm sounds alot like a sublime album :righton:

oh and really old country like rockabilly stuff
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old February 18th 2004, 23:44
danielzink's Avatar
danielzink danielzink is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 106
a sampling of what's in my car right now:
Korn
Texas Tornadoes
Blanche
Goober and the Peas
Probot
3 Motorhead Cd's
Rotating Satriani Cd's
Neil Diamonds greatest hits
The Who Ultimate collection
Rotating Pink Floyd Cd's (3 or 4 at a time)
Kung Fu Diesel
Cinderella
Dink
I.C.P.
Led Zeppelin
Iggy Pop - at any given time...3 or 4 different...he is.......the godfather of punk...

Let's see...............that about covers 1 cd case......
__________________
65 notch 2300cc type4

www.danielzink.com
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old February 19th 2004, 02:53
Supa Ninja Supa Ninja is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 627
Here's what I listen to about 90% of the time, the other 10% is off the wall whatever I feel like. ICP, Twiztid, Blaze, Zug Izland, Cooley Killz, and Fall Guy. Ya I'm a Juggalo.

Nick
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old February 19th 2004, 03:20
super vw super vw is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bend/Sunriver, Oregon
Posts: 695
I listen to punk rock, ska, some metal and some electronic.
Mainly punk though.
Bands like, Dropkick-M, disastars, the casualties, voodoo glow skuls, NOFX, Rancid, Bad relegion, Anti-flag, operation ivy, lagwagon, black-flag, AAA.... that stuff :righton:
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old February 19th 2004, 03:22
super vw super vw is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bend/Sunriver, Oregon
Posts: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Ninja
Here's what I listen to about 90% of the time, the other 10% is off the wall whatever I feel like. ICP, Twiztid, Blaze, Zug Izland, Cooley Killz, and Fall Guy. Ya I'm a Juggalo.

Nick
You would get along with my bro... hes into the ICP, twizted and Kotton Mouth kings crap... crap is only my opinion
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old February 19th 2004, 03:56
Supa Ninja Supa Ninja is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 627
Sounds like your friend has good taste. I used to be into KMK but since i'm a non smoker I just don't feel it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old February 19th 2004, 04:37
thomas_niji thomas_niji is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 35
OK my preference/choice

Pet Shop Boys, Depeche Mode

Coldplay, Travis

Jamiroquai

Ferry Corsten, Sasha, ATB, John Digweed (these are DJs though)

Sometimes I would listen to chinese pop.....I am a Chinese to start with......

It is interesting to see what others listen.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old February 19th 2004, 08:17
vujade's Avatar
vujade vujade is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: DB, FL, US
Posts: 2,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas_niji
OK my preference/choice

Pet Shop Boys, Depeche Mode

Coldplay, Travis

Jamiroquai

Ferry Corsten, Sasha, ATB, John Digweed (these are DJs though)

Sounds like you are into progressive house/trance.

I am a big fan of Sasha & Digweed too. I also like Paul Oakenfold too.
__________________
WinterJam 2010: Vdub, Surf, Skate & Musis Fest
WinterJam 2010

'I drive way to fast to worry about cholesterol!'

'67 Sunroof Notchback * '68 FI Squareback
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© www.GermanLook.net 2002-2017. All Rights Reserved