GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Suspension

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 6th 2003, 17:39

Unhappy swingaxle off set

i am doing my research into off sets before buying my 17inch porsche rims. have read every post on 'offset' rather than asking again, but am finding a lot of conflicting info. i think this is mainly due to the many variations in set ups.

i am looking for someone with experience with fitting 17's to a swingaxle/balljoint bug. i have a standard vw disc set up at the front on a 40mm narrowed beam with drilled porsche pcd and am going for the kersher rear disc setup.

if poss i would like to avoid spacers, or at least minimal spacing.

what off set should i be looking out for to minimise clearance issues with stock wings.

with the kersher rear disc setup are replacment discs availiable when it comes to sevicing them?? otherwise i will have to look for a setup with seperate hubs and discs. any suggestions for a kit that comes with this 2 piece design.

heres the info i collected: (copy and pasted).

Well, a lot of people, like Brian (Phat73vw), have 17x7 wheels, 40 offset and have no problems with fitting at all. No spacers

You will need 17" Cups with the maximum 52ET offset for the front shod with 205/40/17 tyres. It works best with a 2" narrowed beam but is possible with a standard width one by tucking up the lips on the front wings The 52 ET 7.5j 17's fit perfectly under stock arches with stock redrilled drums

basically yes! ive found that ET40 up front and ET30 at the rear suits a balljoint/swingaxle bug perfectly.

The rim on my car (69) is a 17x7 with a 38 offset front and rear. Neither stick out but being that I have a "normal" length beam

I would recommend a 17 x 7 with a et between 40-45 (this should be able to be used without a spacer under stock fenders)

CONCLUSIONS??

cheers.

:silly:

Last edited by simontwithers; January 6th 2003 at 17:47.