GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Classifieds > For Sale

Old April 10th 2005, 14:39

1974 Germanlook Super for sale. $6500.00

I've given up finishing my car and it's time to let 'er go. I'd say it's 95% complete but it's been that way for over two years. My son needs tuition money, and I just bought a new house so I'm pretty much broke.

Here's the details. I started with a totally rust free and never wrecked 74 Superbeetle shell. Mods to the body; Total dechrome, one peice windows, Painted turn signal bumpers, painted New Beetle Silver. It rolls on Porsche Pedrini wheels with machined aluminum center caps. Tire sizes are 185 55 15 fronts with 195's in back. The tires have less than 1000 miles on them. It has adjustable dropped struts up front with Ghia disc brakes. CB Performance discs in the rear. The interior sports Scat pro-car seats with custom 2 tone grey upholstery, small Grant steering wheel, Scat Drag Fast shifter, line loc and a group of VDO guages that aren't hooked up yet. It has a Sony cd player and five speakers with an amp and an 8" subwoofer.

Now the best part. it has a Type IV, 2 liter engine with Ported and polished Porsche three bolt heads, an original OPP DTM cooling shroud, New dual 40 Webers, braided stainless oil lines, and a stainless Magnaflow muffler. It has a stock Single side plate tranny with 1700# pressure plate and a Daiken clutch disc.

That sounds like most of it. The car Starts, runs and drives okay, It just needs a good tuning. A mechanic with some experiance on Weber carbs should get it where it needs to be. It hasn't been registered in two years and it's just been sitting in the garage waiting for the time I never have to finish it.
The to-do list goes as follows: Tune and adjust carbs, Install guages and wire them, replace wiper arms, replace rear rubber brake lines with Stainless (they come with the car), make custom bumper grommets for the rear ( 5MPH to std). Tighten up exhaust, needs new gaskets.

I'm asking $6500 right now, and if I don't get a buyer, it's going on E-Bay within a week. The parts alone are worth more than that. The car is located in Portsmouth RI and the buyer will have to transport it. I wouldn't drive it without retuning the carbs and putting some sort of registration on it.

I have some pics in the Germanlook.com Mmembers rides section. Look for nickname dbcflash.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My Pictures0001 (Small).jpg (27.8 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg My Pictures0003.jpg (30.7 KB, 213 views)

Last edited by dbcflash; April 10th 2005 at 14:44.
Old April 30th 2005, 22:10

I can't believe that nobody wants this car! I haven't even had a nibble. This is an incredible deal for anyone who wants a good start for a hard core German looker, or just a really cool car to drive as is.

Come on guys. This is a deal!
Old May 1st 2005, 08:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcflash
I can't believe that nobody wants this car! I haven't even had a nibble. This is an incredible deal for anyone who wants a good start for a hard core German looker, or just a really cool car to drive as is.

Come on guys. This is a deal!
I just think it is a really bad time to sell cars. I have 3 vehicles for sale
at the moment on the samba and Ive only had one or two offers total.
For some reason the market is not good right now for sales. Ive always
seen sales down at my job as well. It must be the economy

'I drive way to fast to worry about cholesterol!'

'67 Sunroof Notchback * '68 FI Squareback
Old May 3rd 2005, 09:42

i have only had 2 bites on my Ghia as well. this is usually a good time of year to sell, but...oh well, not this year apparently. good luck with it. more pics of your car would help too i think.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old May 3rd 2005, 22:23

I've had a couple of nibbles, finally.
Old May 8th 2005, 13:22

Hey flash.....

You have E-mail!!

I'm interested!!!

RJZOleson@sbcglobal.net

Thanks........Rhino