GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Off Topic

Old October 10th 2005, 10:18
Administrator

I was working on a Hyd. powered concrete saw years ago. Trying to remove some allen cap bolts from the case with a 3 inch long 3/8" drive allen bit on an impact gun. The tip of the bit broke and I drove the jaged end thru the webbed area of my left palm between my thumb and index finger. The bit was spinning full speed after the tip broke. Hurt like hell and looked real nasty.
66 Beetle, 73 Standard Beetle
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe
Old October 12th 2005, 03:27

Yesterday Was doing a Oil change on a 03 1.8T Passat. When twisting the filter off i cut open my left elbow on the power steering resivoir cover......It sucked because it seemed like today was 1.8T passat day for me....but i did find out today that on a manual one i can do the filter from Under the car!!!!

I hope tomarrow i have NO 1.8t passats.....But Lots of V6 Passats! They are GRAVY!
Old November 15th 2005, 00:24

today when i was taking out my old rear cross members i scratched 2 of my fingers.

ohhhh the agony... :whoops: .
Old November 15th 2005, 06:46

Hi

I’m always leaving a trail of blood around the garage.

Three things come to mind, ever been welding or grinding under a car and had hot slag or metal go down your ear? It hurts.

This one was scary, I was cutting some metal out of the back of a bug I was wrecking, the car was just a shell, I was laying sort of kneeling on the right hand side floor of the car, cutting out the rear luggage area with an angle grinder, grinder bit into the metal, it jumped out of my hands, went past my face and landed on my foot which was near the pedal area, went through my leather shoes cutting the top my ankle and big toe, then ripped my jeans, the grinder didn’t have a dead man switch, lucky I was wearing leather gauntlets and face mask.

Tried removing the moulded rubbers from my 944 spring plates with a cheap steak knife, cut tendons in my left index finger, my finger still doesn’t work right.

Steve
Old November 15th 2005, 07:27

i guy i used to work with got some slag in his ear while he was grinding and went deaf in that ear for 2 months or so
Old November 28th 2005, 00:58

last fall in HS metal shop I was grinding welds on an aluminum part I was fabricating with an toothed air powerd grinder called "the ninja saw," without gloves ,and once I was done grinding, I went to set the grinder down with out looking and before it had stopped spinning I set it on my lef index finger and cut from the tip to the second nuckle (halfway up my finger), through my tenden and nail bed. This happened at 9:30 AM and I didnt have surgery until 7:00 PM that night. I passed out twice that day from shock. After surgery I spent six weeks with a stainless steel pin in my finger so that my tenden would regrow properly.

today I have a pretty nice scar up my finger and I have two little finger nails, but I still have complete use of my finger.
Old February 15th 2006, 14:38

I was working in a foundry many years ago & the guy pouring the molds dumped molten metal down the front of him. He freaked out and nearly stripped naked but, all it did was give him something similar to a bad sunburn. Thank god for fire proof suits.