GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Off Topic

Old January 12th 2006, 14:53

V-8 Super Cars

any of you guys from down under ever been to see this series? i just watched the end of one on the speed channel. it was great! im a huge nascar fan and to be honest the past few years in that series has really been bad. those super cars kinda remind me of the nascar of old. those guys really get after it. the one i watched was from mount something or another from new south wales. it was really cool. im gonna start recording them on the dvr b/c i am at work when they are on. guys and girls stateside you should check this out. :agree:
Old January 12th 2006, 17:51

I'm from NZ living in the States now.

The V8 Supercar series is huge in Oz/NZ...thing NASCAR sized followings.

Oh how i love when the NASCAR series finishes and we get real racing...DTM, BTCS, Euro Porsche Cup and V8 Supercar on Speed.
Old January 24th 2006, 03:57

I too love it when nascar is over. WE NEED more F1, Rally, Le Mans, Seabring, SCCA , and other misc true Racing!!!!

Nascar IMHO is a disease of a "sport".... i wont state any of my oppinions of the sport or the spectators other than that.

Also i would love to not have to wait till 3am to watch the pikes peak challenge!!!!

I loved watching speed back in the 90's because it hade everything but nascar!!!
Old February 19th 2006, 02:09

My Dad is a huge NASCAR fan! Personally I like to watch races that are more than just "Go fast, Turn Left"! Now I'm not saying there is anything wrong with NASCAR. But the cars are all a little too cookie-cutter like for my taste and don't even come close to their stock counterparts.
I used to watch the BTCC on speed a few years ago. Man those guys work their respective butts off racing. Those are REAL headlights and they race rain of shine!

Alas, I no longer have the Speed Chanel so I'm stuck with following the sport on the internet.
Old February 19th 2006, 06:37

v8's ais THE sport for motorsport fans here, its all over the country, i believe waht you may of watched was mount panorama aka bathurst 1000, other tracks are oran park, eastern creek, queensland raceway - known as the paperclip, hidden valley, barbagello, phillip island, adelaide 500 - its a street circuit, the indy round on the gold coast - also a street circuit, then theres the NZ round, and afew others its probably like nascar in the usa, theres the fans and the opinionated fans that ruin it for everyone, ive broadened my tastes from the v8s but still follow it abit, ive been to the gold coast, hidden valley, bathurst, eastern creek, adelaide, tracks myself and i plan on racing my super on queensland raceway now because thats really close to me now!, oh yeah, ive seen all those tracks because ive lived all over the country, i dream of doing a few laps of the best tracks around the world, even better if it was in my own beetle! if your after any info on them im sure i could find anything for interested people, cheers :agree: