GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Off Topic

Old February 19th 2006, 10:47

How much should I be asking for 944 brake parts

Hey guys I am in the process of gathering up my 944 stuff and was curious what would be a fair asking price for it. I have everything from the spindle out on the front and I'll have to check again what have for the rear. I think I have hub out in the rear. I still need to get all of the stuff back from the friend who is storing it for me, but would appreciate it if you guys could tell me what is fair. I am not sure if all or just some of the calipers are in need of a rebuild and I know that the rotors are trashed on the rear for sure. If I sell them I would like to offer them to you guys first and will be listing them in the appropriate place. I will also be very open to trades. Thank you much, Ryan
Old February 19th 2006, 12:01

questions...

V.waffe,
a bit more detail about the setup would be good. Is this an N/A single piston configuration or the later dual piston "86turbo" setup? Also in your note you mention that you "have everything from the spindle out on the front"... If this is the case, what type of front setup is it? Ball Joint, CB Dropped Spindles machined for late hubs (5x130), 1-2 piston....ect.?

without knowing all the details I would say $1500-2K for the whole thing if its "bolt-on in good cond." but with shot rotors you might drop that to $1000.00 - $1500.00 but this would have to include:
Front:
Spindle / Hubs
Adapter Plates
Calipers / Pads
Brake Lines
Rotor
All mounting hardware not vw standard

Rear:
Hubs
Adapter Plates
Calipers / Pads
Brake Lines
Rotors
All mounting hardware not vw standard

If your front setup is for the later 2 piston(black) Calipers, I would be interested in your front end stuff. I have all the "Brake parts" I am now just trying to get together spindles to work with my 86-944T hubs/calipers ...

lmk.
jmd.
Old February 19th 2006, 12:30

I am going to have to lean more towards the N/A model. It has been 5 years since I have looked at the things. When I have all the stuff back I will take some pics and post them in the for sale section. I would not call these boys "bolt-on" by any means. Some of the stuff may or may not be trashed. I would say by your estimates on worth I would probably lean more toward 500.00usd plus shipping, but like I said I will be able to make a better offer when I have the stuff in hand. P.S. the spindles are factory 944 these parts came directly off a parts car. Thanks for the info, Ryan
Old February 19th 2006, 12:58

Hmm.... well i payed $400 usd for complete front brakes (spindles....ect) and a complete rear subframe/ torsion tube w/brakes, springplates...ect at German Auto Salvage in Boring Oregon. this was for all early NA stuff (steel arms, single pot slide calipers) but in exelent shape... just needed pads rotors and a seal kit and a little paint.

Current cars:
-74 Super Beetle
-86 Vanagon Syncro
-64 sunroof bug
-73 thing
Old February 20th 2006, 01:26

Ditto with above.

I paid $200 for spindle/stub axle out but mine was pretty trashed. If it is crusty, needs capipers rebuilt, needs rotors, pads, ect. I would think between 200-350, depending on just how crusty and rusty they are. also keep in mind it will cost the buyer a little more than $100 to ship in the U.S.
Old February 20th 2006, 11:33

Thanks for the advice guys. I really do not want to ask to much for what I have. There is nothing that is more annoying than someone asking a ridiculous amount for everything they want to sell. I'll post some shots soon, Ryan

P.S. I will be very open to trades also