GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Body

Old August 5th 2006, 23:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenware
Hey man, first off.... Great job on the fenders! Second, thanks for posting that up and opening my eyes on my own project.

I'll post up my own thread on my fender job once I get my project moved over to my new garage.

Thanks again for posting that up.
Thank you! Looks like you are a better welder than me! Keep us up to date! I am very interested in how your's will turn out.
I wish I had the skills to be able to make molds! I would like to make a few mor sets and keep 'em in my shed for later projects!
If you look at mine real close you can definitely tell I don't do this for a living!
I was ready to shell out the bucks for the widened fenders but I didn't like the way they made the headlights look so far apart.
Old August 7th 2006, 10:52

Yeah, I'm with you on the molds... I'm not afraid to give it a try, but I'd like to start with some smaller pieces, like say a gas door. hehe I've got a friend who works with carbon fiber and he tells me there's nothing to it or 'glass for that matter. Well, nothing aside from the price that CF is at right now.
Old August 8th 2006, 00:14

check out www.ghiaspecialties.com
the owner John Kelly has a very good dvd and a shrinking disk(I own them both). Lots of good info on body work
Bryan
Old August 12th 2006, 13:15

OK...Well after many tiring days and nights...the repray is nearing completion!
The next time I do this I will pay someone!!!
OK so it's not perfect but I think it will be sufficient for now...There may be plans in the works to change the color completely down the road.

Last edited by ccain529; August 13th 2006 at 10:21.
Old August 12th 2006, 22:14

Slick! Thats one way to match the paint on the fenders.

1962 SC 1776cc SP 944NA brakes, 993 wheels

VKG
Old August 13th 2006, 18:10

A little more progress today....
Old August 20th 2006, 22:53

Will this ever end?!!!
I wasn't satisfied with the mono-color of the car and there were a few imperfections on the hood and roof that bugged the crap outta me. So, because I have no life, I decided to try something a bit different. I've never been a big fan of two-tone bugs, but I had some extra paint and figured that I couldn't screw it up any more than it is! I stole the idea from the cover of HotVW's because I liked the way it looked. The black that I used has small metallic and mica flakes that give off a burst effect when in the sun. And I chose yellow as a contrasting dividing line between the blue and black.
Eh...I think it looks OK. I'd still like to paint it yellow.
I wasn't going to repaint it a different color because I didn't want the extra work of painting the inside and under the hood and stuff.....Geeze! 3 months later, and all of that "extra work" seems like a cake walk. Yellow69 and I were talking one afternoon and she suggested I change the name of the car to Beelzebug! That fits because this little thing is the metal embodiment of Satan himself and has sure put me through hell!

Old August 20th 2006, 23:01

A few more....

I still have to paint the hood and it's trim, the license light nose thinggy (I never learned the proper VW nomenclature for that one! Sorry purists!) and wrap the rest of the car up and buff it.

Cheers

Cheech!
Old August 20th 2006, 23:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccain529
Yellow69 and I were talking one afternoon and she suggested I change the name of the car to Beelzebug! That fits because this little thing is the metal embodiment of Satan himself and has sure put me through hell!
You mean I'm finally getting credit for something?
j/k....or am I? hehe
Bee's (yeah thats short for Beelzebug ) lookin' sex-ah! Be patient.
Old August 21st 2006, 10:23

I like it. :agree: For some reason, it makes the wheels look even better on the car.
Old August 21st 2006, 16:28

ya I like the colours too, and it does make the wheel look better.
07 Chevy 3500 Dually
Old August 21st 2006, 23:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow69
You mean I'm finally getting credit for something?
j/k....or am I? hehe
Bee's (yeah thats short for Beelzebug) lookin' sex-ah! Be patient.
Thank you! And yes...give credit where credit is due. The jury is still out on Bee's though! I'll keep the extended version for now! Bee's is just what he sounds like in 2nd gear...Bee's in a paint can! He-He...I've changed this post 3 times because all of the ones I've written so far have been too racy! WINK-WINK NUDGE-NUDGE KNOWWHATIMEAN??? SAY NO MORE!!!
I mean this is a family oriented forum and we should keep it clean! So I'll save the trash talk for the PM's I send you! Restraining order be damned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenware
I like it. For some reason, it makes the wheels look even better on the car.
You know Kitch...Can I call you Kitch? I didn't notice that until I rolled it out of the shop the first time. Lucky coincidence because I lack the pre-planing and imagination to purposely pull that off! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chug_A_bug
ya I like the colours too, and it does make the wheel look better.
Chug-A-Bug; I saw in your profile that your trade is in collision repair. He-he I guess if I can fool you into thinking I know what I'm doin', I can fool anyone!
Seriously though! Thanks guys for all of your kind words and encouragement!
Old August 22nd 2006, 00:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccain529
Thank you! And yes...give credit where credit is due. The jury is still out on Bee's though! I'll keep the extended version for now! Bee's is just what he sounds like in 2nd gear...Bee's in a paint can! He-He...I've changed this post 3 times because all of the ones I've written so far have been too racy! WINK-WINK NUDGE-NUDGE KNOWWHATIMEAN??? SAY NO MORE!!!
I mean this is a family oriented forum and we should keep it clean! So I'll save the trash talk for the PM's I send you! Restraining order be damned!

No no silly!! It's not Bee's! I only said Bee's cuz I meant it as in Bee's looking good. Ya know? Bee IS looking good! It's just Bee.
Bee is short like LOL or ROFLMAO which is what you're good at making certain people do.

And uhhh WINK-WINK NUDGE-NUDGE IKNOWWHATYAMEAN!
Old August 22nd 2006, 01:25

Chug-A-Bug; I saw in your profile that your trade is in collision repair. He-he I guess if I can fool you into thinking I know what I'm doin', I can fool anyone!

HAHA lol well I'm just doing an apperenaship and I'm in my thrid year so I'm not the best but getting there so ya your paint and body work looks great on camra lets see it in the real then we can talk lol J/K I'm sure it look sweet. well then you finish up the "hood" and get all the details done post some more pics good luck
07 Chevy 3500 Dually
Old August 22nd 2006, 21:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow69
No no silly!! It's not Bee's! I only said Bee's cuz I meant it as in Bee's looking good. Ya know? Bee IS looking good! It's just Bee.
Bee is short like LOL or ROFLMAO which is what you're good at making certain people do.

And uhhh WINK-WINK NUDGE-NUDGE IKNOWWHATYAMEAN!
OK WAIT!!! I'm confused! LOL and ROFLMAO are acronyms.... SO what does BEE stand for?! And yes I DO KNOWWHAYYOUMEAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chug_A_bug

HAHA lol well I'm just doing an apperenaship and I'm in my thrid year so I'm not the best but getting there so ya your paint and body work looks great on camra lets see it in the real then we can talk. lol J/K I'm sure it look sweet. well then you finish up the "hood" and get all the details done post some more pics good luck
When you see it up close you'll probably ask me what size brush I used!
Any good techniques for removing "Orange Peel"?

Last edited by ccain529; August 22nd 2006 at 21:46.