GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Old August 2nd 2010, 07:43

Carb problem- Leaking gas

Hi, first of all let me apologize for my english ops:

I have a serious problem with the carburators, I recently put a pair of weber 36IDF, before it the engine had fitted a progressive weber.

Carburators ( pair 36IDF) were taken to clean and adjust.

When I start the engine, the gasket don't leak but I can see gas in the hole marking in green when I throttle. But when I turn off the engine the upper gaskets coming leaking (marking in red).

The guy who rebuild the carburators (new gasket kit) and adjust it whith an Alpha Romeo machine said that it must be a problem of excess pressure.

I've tried to start without the gas cap and still leaking when turn off , and by the other side it have mounted a stock pump.

I can't bring the car to his workshop.

What do you think I can do? sometimes I wish to smash or burn this car, it is frustrating :cry: .

Thanks
Old September 28th 2010, 23:19

just cause its a standard fuel pump , doesnt mean it have the right amount of pressure, you need a tad less than 3.5 pounds, between 2-3.5 pounds. this could be a pressure problem , you could check it with a pressure clock or install a pressure regulator.
hola en caso de que hables espanol ya que tu nombre es mudo. tu problema puede ser debido a mucha presion de combustible ya que , el hecho de que tengas una bomba standard no significa que te de las libras de presion que necesitas e visto bombas standard que dan hasta 7 libras , tus carburadores no deberian de recibir mas de 3.5 libras , utiliza un reloj y mide la presion o instala un regulador de presion de combustible a no mas de 3.5 . suerte.