GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Project Builds

Old February 8th 2016, 16:22

That's going to be loud! Have a think about breaking the return coolant line into sections so you don't have to remove it when you drop the engine...
Old February 10th 2016, 17:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricola View Post
That's going to be loud!Have a think about breaking the return coolant line into sections so you don't have to remove it when you drop the engine...
Good idea on coolant line Rich
Old February 10th 2016, 17:18

Hi

Looking good.

Make sure you break the coolant line in a straight section, that way you only need to carry straight bits as spares.

See how you like the noise level from your muffler, I think the noise level on my car is OK, when I go to track days everyone comments that they cant even hear my car because its so quiet. It all depends on how much attention plod will give you.

Steve
Old February 11th 2016, 15:41

Noise tests this year for UK circuit and track day cars are down to 100DB, that is VERY tough to achieve, drift cars are out at Some venues as they don't comply, air coolers may doubly struggle.
Old February 11th 2016, 18:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by spannermanager View Post
Noise tests this year for UK circuit and track day cars are down to 100DB, that is VERY tough to achieve, drift cars are out at Some venues as they don't comply, air coolers may doubly struggle.
Same here but turbos do quieten things down a lot, screamer pipes make a lot of noise.

One track I go to is 95dB at 30 metres the other I cant seem to find the regulations for the other track but next door to it is a 1/4 mile track with no restrictions
Old February 12th 2016, 12:09

Thanks for the pointers fellas
Old February 14th 2016, 16:22

Reference the above, news just fresh in, we have just lost the Apex festival, the new noise test levels are biggining to bite, Drifting is already excluded from many venues for noise, we are ALL part of this and need to add noise suppression into our engineering of new builds as a priority, go hard or go home, make noise and go home.
Old February 27th 2016, 02:17

Quote:
Reference the above, news just fresh in, we have just lost the Apex festival, the new noise test levels are biggining to bite, Drifting is already excluded from many venues for noise, we are ALL part of this and need to add noise suppression into our engineering of new builds as a priority, go hard or go home, make noise and go home.
Thats a real shame about the Apex Festival.

Not sure on how loud its going to be, hopefully not too excessive otherwise its back to the drawing board
Old February 27th 2016, 11:26

Quote:
the new noise test levels are biggining to bite, Drifting is already excluded from many venues for noise, we are ALL part of this and need to add noise suppression into our engineering of new builds as a priority, go hard or go home, make noise and go home.
Agreed! There are enough people out there disliking our hobby. In California, someone was trying to introduce legislation to prevent ANY modding of cars regardless of age. Fortunately it was shot down but this doesn't bode well for our hobby. We need to do what we can to keep our detractors from having fuel to go after us.

I truly apologize for the slight hijack of your thread.
Old February 27th 2016, 17:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2OSB View Post
Agreed! There are enough people out there disliking our hobby. In California, someone was trying to introduce legislation to prevent ANY modding of cars regardless of age. Fortunately it was shot down but this doesn't bode well for our hobby. We need to do what we can to keep our detractors from having fuel to go after us.

I truly apologize for the slight hijack of your thread.
That sucks. I'd follow the trial of dominoes, if any car manufacturer was backing that legislation in California it wouldn't surprise me. Forcing us to abandon the old cars and only buy new ones.

I rented a car in Ireland years ago, they wouldn't even allow you to open the hood as it had a special key. They talked about this legislation in Holland also of owners not being able to even mess with their own cars, etc.

Also sorry for the hijack.
Old February 28th 2016, 01:56

Hi

I just got back from an event in Sydney called Powercruise, http://www.powercruise.com/ (check out the videos) its a 4 day event where you get to drive your car around a race track at moderate speeds with tough street cars and have little races against other cars on the straights up to 130 kph or sometimes a little over that, they also have drags, drifting, power skid comps, burnout comps etc.

What the car haters don't take into account is the money spent on cars to turn up and run this event and many other events, its a hidden economy that would disappear if we couldn't touch our cars.

Steve
Old March 8th 2016, 08:51

No worries about the Hi Jack's fella's.

If I remember there was some talk about coming down hard on classic car enthusiasts/modifiers/tuners in the Uk a while ago. It will take a brave and stupid politician to try to implement any drastic changes, its a big industry with lots of followers and livelyhoods involved. for this reason I can't see anything too drastic happening. But I think the noise issues are quite rightly founded if its out of hand, noise is a pollution at the end of the day and its not pleasant, a bit like Death Metal
Old March 8th 2016, 23:31

[IMG]~original[/IMG]few pics of progress.[IMG]~original[/IMG][IMG]
~original[/IMG]
Old March 8th 2016, 23:53

Darren at Dc customs has been working his nuts off masking up the car and prepping the cage for a fresh coat of paint. I can't imagine how much of a headache the masking was as the car is in full paint with a headlining. Thanks Darren You can see from these and other pics that he is taking great care not to damage the car whilst working on it it~original[/IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]~original[/IMG][IMG]~original[/IMG]
Old March 8th 2016, 23:55

More cage prep[IMG]~original[/IMG]