GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Old May 23rd 2013, 17:56

crank trigger ignition

There are several distributerless crank trigger ignitions available, I am interested in getting rid of my 009 dizzy once and for all. Can you offer me advise please on which one seems reliable and good value for money? At the moment i am looking at the magnaspark as it seems cheapest. 2880 type 1 running ida,s Regards Brent
Old June 14th 2013, 11:23

The Magnaspark is what I'm running.
Old June 14th 2013, 14:41

i tried megasquirt ms1, with wasted cop , tps adapter to idf carbs
due to random resets, went back to my old 009,

if the magnaspark/megajolt-edis/megasquirt breaks in the middle of the road, who is going to fix it ?
Old June 14th 2013, 16:38

Yep you are right there on a road car, it really needs to go on a dyno to get it perfect. In my situation it is going on my race car so not soo much of a concern. Actually MSD is where i may end up tho.

Cheers Brent
Old June 21st 2013, 08:17

Hello Brent

just now I saw your post, i think that you should try the 123ignition distributor. You can get the expensive version which is programmable, the price isn't high at all especially comperative with the msd distributor that does nothing. Fully programmable from 500 to 8000rpm's, with soft cut programmable limiter, two year warranty and cheap after the warranty to service. Actually it will go up to 9000rpm's without problem if the coil can withstand -but anyway with the setting for 8000rpm's as the software doesn't go higher-. Forgot, also version with map incorporated if someone is interested, Check their site

http://www.123ignition.nl/

for further details and dealers, cheers

Friendly

Dimitrios
Old June 23rd 2013, 03:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMP View Post
Hello Brent

just now I saw your post, i think that you should try the 123ignition distributor. You can get the expensive version which is programmable, the price isn't high at all especially comperative with the msd distributor that does nothing. Fully programmable from 500 to 8000rpm's, with soft cut programmable limiter, two year warranty and cheap after the warranty to service. Actually it will go up to 9000rpm's without problem if the coil can withstand -but anyway with the setting for 8000rpm's as the software doesn't go higher-. Forgot, also version with map incorporated if someone is interested, Check their site

Friendly

Dimitrios
Wow! ok this is certainly an option Dimitrios. I have forwarded onto me engine builder to see what his thoughts are... Have you used one of these? are they easy to programe and offer a strong spark to high HP race engines on aviation fuel?

Regards brent
Old June 24th 2013, 04:56

Hello Brent

yes, if you tune it on the dyno is very simple as its obvious all the time in which direction you should go to gain torque at every 500rpm's, as far as the spark, try to think of it that is the device that controls only the spark at one of the best possible ways, then the power of the spark is generated through the coil that you will use and eventually amplifiers -not sure of this though, you have to ask-, the only thing you have to be carefull of is to have minimum 1ohm on the distributor electronic circuit, NOT less. Now if there are strong coils on the market with minimum 1ohm you're settled, cheers

Friendly

Dimitrios
Old June 24th 2013, 18:59

I'm using CB Performance. So far working great. Best of all data logging and tech support.

http://www.cbperformance.com/Product...oductCode=2094
Old June 25th 2013, 02:36

cb magna spark

Can someone tell me if the CB magna spart crank trigger system fits on top on a dry sump pump? Cheers Brent
Old July 2nd 2013, 00:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent View Post
Can someone tell me if the CB magna spart crank trigger system fits on top on a dry sump pump? Cheers Brent
Yes it does.
Old August 24th 2015, 05:57

magnaspark

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubzack View Post
Yes it does.
Hi again. Can you or anyone tell me with magnaspark what would be a suitable advance curve for a race engine on av gas running 48 idas? I understand 32 degrees is where it needs to be however what is best for starting and at what rpm should 32 some in? Regards Brent
Old August 25th 2015, 20:05

Call Pat @ CB. Tell him your engine combo and use, and he'll guide you on your timing table.
Old August 31st 2015, 18:07

Ok thank you.
Old January 3rd 2017, 04:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMP View Post
Hello Brent

Friendly

Dimitrios
Good morning, presently I have been looking for a ignition system for my dual plug heads. The prices that I see is at least 1000$, just for the distributor. The 123 company sells a good looking product, but are to be contacted.

Dimitrios, do you know of a company that sell a dual distributor?
Old January 9th 2017, 15:37

I came across this nice new carnk trigger system from VWSpeedshop (uk):