GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Suspension

Old November 5th 2003, 16:21
Administrator

M/C help please

Hi,

Here's the problem .. I have Big Reds going on in the front (44mm x 2 and 36mm x 2 pistons) and 944T fronts on the rear (40mm x 2 and 36mm x 2 pistons)

The M/C bore for the front needs to be 23.61mm and I am assuming close to that for the rear (the 928 S4 has a 23.61mm bore for the front brakes and the piston sizes are the same between these and the Big Reds).

I have calculated the volume of fluid I will need to move for the fronts (0.618 cu.in) and for the rears (0.588 cu.in) This is based on the pistons having to move a minimum of 2mm to contact the rotors. I measured this on the calipers ... the Big Reds have a spacing for the rotor of 36mm (rotor is 32mm thick) and 944T fronts have a spacing of 32mm for a 28mm thick rear rotor.

I'm not sure if there is a 944 based M/C that would work, but I have found a Wilwood M/C, 1-1/16" bore, displaces 1.2 cu.in of fluid with 69% to the front (.828 cu.in) and 31% to the rear (.372 cu.in)

The front circuit seems to be big enough but the rear will not, so it seems. How can I fix this rear problem?

Thanks for any input !

Sandeep