GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Suspension

Old January 14th 2003, 11:05

944 brakes wanted

Anyone out there got an extra set of rear brakes kicking around. I had purchased a set , an they were lost by FEDEX. Would like a complete setup including the arms and all E brake stuff. Thanks in advance , Darren

Last edited by oval55; January 14th 2003 at 22:16.
Old January 14th 2003, 12:21

Fedex lost mine too. Go ahead and file the missing item paperwork and then wait about 3 weeks. I went and ordered another set and both sets showed up on the doorstep the same day.
If you are still interested after waiting I have a set. Make sure they are what you want! These are 1986 steels arms with the narrow .89 rotor. The calipers look like they were just rebuilt and the pads look brand new. The stub axles are bus CVs or I can send a set of 901 bug CVs stubs instead. The emergency brake shoes are half worn, but you don't need them to stop.
Every thing bolted up on mine. You have to change the end of the emergency cable with a kit from CSP. I guess you know you have to run Porsche rims. If interested I will check this forum.
Old January 14th 2003, 22:12

Chigger, do you have pics. I already have turbo front brakes and would like to match them with turbo rears. The guy I bought the brakes from has the check from FEDEX, after about 3 1/2 months, he is also looking for another set for me.

Last edited by oval55; January 14th 2003 at 22:18.
Old January 16th 2003, 02:11

Mine are not the turbo brakes. The turbo rotors are about 1 1/4 inches wide, mine are ony .89 inches wide. They are ventalated though. The narrow rotor is $50 new the turbo rotor s $270 new. Both are major over kill unless you race. I checked out the parts tonight and everything looks to be good. I have no picture but I have a line drawing of how they go together. Hope it helps. Opps the file is to big so it won't load. I will try to downsize it an load it later.
Old January 16th 2003, 15:37

I think most people don't know what "overkill" means. Personally Im going for the look of the huge brakes seen through the 17" s that have porsche stamped on them. Funny story, My brother in law has a 1984 LTD LX, which he has put Cobra brakes and Cobra R rims on it , you want to talk about looks. I have seen guys turn their heads so fast, it is just cool to see and nice to see that other people realize that it is not a common thing. Darren