GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Old March 14th 2004, 15:10

I've been doing a little research myself on this subject of what muffler to run. I was leaning to Sandeep's dynomax turbo s muffler with the inlet and outlet on the same side solution, but I want a flow-true muffler. Now I have been running a Magnaflow on the back of my Super since '99 and I am really happy with the performance and the sound. My search lead me to the Magnaflow p/n 14210. It's pretty much the same dimensions as Sandeep's dynomax, but it's flowthru, and stainless steel with welded seams. I wish they had a alumiunized version but if they do I can't find it, and it weights 12lbs. The cost is around $97 USD. I hope this helps someone out a little.

Nick
Old March 14th 2004, 19:41

I have decided to design my own system, I would like to keep the "stock" apperance i.e. two tips coming out of the rear apron. I thought that the best way to do this would be to come out of the heads and go foward from the motor. Then murge two to one and wrap the exhaust around the engine through in line mufflers and out through the appron. The import thing is to get the right length before the murge... I understand that the length should be determined by the amount of exshust volume in the cylinder e.g. 500cc- the header should be of the right length to take that volume. The only thing I have a question over is the benifit of doing a four to one header over a pair of two to one headers.

Paul Grey
Auckland, New Zealand
paulgnz@hotmail.com
Old August 14th 2004, 12:03

Sandeep,

Your pics aren't showing up in this thread anymore. Are these the correct shots you want displayed here?

Old August 19th 2004, 09:11

77 2.0L headers and exhaust. I have a huge section cut out behind the passenger rear wheel, Where the stock battery tray is on my 1977 bus. I was wondering ig the La performance headers could allow me to rig an exhaust up. I dont need the heat exchangers, but I cant seem to find many options. It seems alot more cheaper to rig up a system than use a BAS one. I guess what i really need is a header that will work well, any reccomendations would be great. Im looking for a nice deep tone, doesnt need to be loud loud but id like it reasonably loud when i get on it
Old August 19th 2004, 12:14

Contact Lee at LA Performance and get his opinion. He is only on here periodically. Be sure to report back so we know. If you have the cash, Tangerine is an option I believe.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old June 5th 2005, 03:51

Need images

Hi everyone,
I have my engine in the shop, and I plan to follow the same way as Sandeep. I have the BAS header, and I will buy the muffler. I tried to see the pics in this thread, but I just got red crosses.
Can I see your pics Sandeep?
Thanks

Alfredo
Old June 5th 2005, 05:55

Hi

Has anyone looked at the Hooker headers aero chamber mufflers, I ran one on my turbo bug and really quiet. Not sure how they would be on a NA car.

Steve