GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Members Rides

Old June 8th 2006, 10:07

Ya Brian, let's meet. PM me your number and I'll call you. We'd like to meet other SCal forum members as well! Zen and I are leaving Sac around 9pm Sat nite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K.
Euro front bumper rubber was taken off a euro parts car in Germany. More here
-- Good luck
Old June 16th 2006, 12:45

1100 mile Classic roadtrip

Zen and i had a great roadtrip. We left my house in Sacramento Sat nite about 10:30pm. I-5 was clear the entire way down, so we made good time going 75-85 mph under full moon light. Typical gauge readings were 4000rpm, 320F CHT, 1350F EGT, 210F O/T, 50psi O/P. After driving all night and a great breakfast in Long Beach, we went to the beach for sunrise. It was cloudy so we pushed on for the show arriving early enough to wipe the bugs off while they were still soft. Air for water

The show was great. Cars of all kinds and level of build made it interesting. i liked all the Things with the trick suspensions.

After the show we drove to Ventura beach counting 40 hours without sleep. The dive we stayed in was Classic roadtrip quality. Zen has stories... Great beach though.

Monday was awesome driving up the Pacific Coast Hwy. The section between San Luis Obisbo and Carmel was the best. Ocean view with lots of curves the whole way. Traffic was light, so we got a few open stretches to test the handling. Even loaded, it handles great. Uphill, 3rd gear, 5000rpm, through S-curves cut into the Pacific Coast -- priceless. I'll be back!
Old June 18th 2006, 12:02

VW + Mountains + Ocean =

Cool Pacific Coast photo's here:
http://www.californiacoastline.org/c...gs=0&year=2005
Click the center image for zoom
Old June 20th 2006, 10:24

a great trip indeed. i thoroughly enjoyed the weekend. i was reviewing the videos and pics. the videos make it appear that we are going much slower than we were and felt like. i have posted one in the multimedia gallery just to demonstrate the sound of a TIV through a BAS. i will post more soon. i need to reduce the size of them first.

thanks for the hospitality Bill. you have one kicka$$ bug. i want to see more GLs like it.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design