GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 12th 2002, 13:44

First post!! and a question.......

Hi. I know this site is kinda new, and there is way more traffic in both the vwvortex forums, and shoptalkforums, but you guys designed this site like your tryin hard, so I said what the heck, i'll become a germanlook.com subscriber....

anywho

ok, this is kinda long, but hopefully someone can hel me out. I have a 70 bug, already has some mods done to it. its a standard bug, non super, but so from what I hear, the rear end I have is similar to that of a super beetle, just my steering is more primitave?????

I want to make her into a german looker, but i'm only 50 % sure on the specifics on what to do, and if half the **** i'm talking about is even possible.

Its goal is to be both a street performer, and a show car. I have many good ideas about this car, some were taken from pictures that i've seen, but most I haven;t seen on a bug yet.

The very first would be the engine.

I'm thinkin about building a 2.5-2.8 liter type 4, with a 50 or 75 shot for the track. Does this sound doable? have you type 4 guys actually seen this kind of setup before? People tell me that the type 4 is alot better for nitrous then the type 1 is, not sure why, they both look alike to me from the out side :-)

k, so there my question, I wanna see how long it will take to get a responce.....

sincerely
-Mike