GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Body

Old November 17th 2010, 09:03

what the hells going on!?!?!bug big porsche wheels and bodywork!?

hi guys, i have a 68 bug, which ive put 2inch narrowed beam, dropped spindles, and 17x7 porsche wheels on front and 2inch wider wings, so gives me nice tuck,

on the rear i have 9inch wide, on 20mm spacers either side.

Heres the problem. i didnt notice until i put the wider wings on the back, but theres a big difference in measurement from outside of wheel to inner arch bodywork. this means the drivers side rear wheel is tucked in, approx 1 1/2 inches, where pass rear is nearly touching the wing? whats going on?

ive doubled checked offsets and widths are same etc, it seems to be bodywork.

on the pass side, from outside face of tyre, directly above centre of wheel it is approx 13 1/4 inches. on drivers side from outside of tyre to inner arch is 12 inches.

i dont really care about inner bodywork but seems like whole body needs to go to left but then every single hole on floorpan is shot.

i bought this totally restored panel and seems like everything has been done top notch but worried now about this, dont really want to have 2 different size rear wings?

drivers side: wheel sits tucked under wing
[IMG]~original[/IMG]

pass side: wheel sits level with wing

Old November 17th 2010, 10:15

measure from the chassis somewhere if you can-shock bolt or spring plate bracket maybe? also are tyre sizes the same? guard widths? you have a few mm of play in body bolts as the holes in the floor are slotted slightly, also something to consider is the IRS arm bolts/bushing/washer combo may be different, the two washers are about 6-8mm thick together from memory so that may be a factor
Old November 17th 2010, 14:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by STIDUB View Post
measure from the chassis somewhere if you can-shock bolt or spring plate bracket maybe? also are tyre sizes the same? guard widths? you have a few mm of play in body bolts as the holes in the floor are slotted slightly, also something to consider is the IRS arm bolts/bushing/washer combo may be different, the two washers are about 6-8mm thick together from memory so that may be a factor

thanks for the reply, its swingaxle rear, ive measured from centre of gearbox drain plug to springplates and its the same on both sides, im thinking must be the bodywork.