GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Off Topic

Old August 31st 2004, 02:04

Thumbs up I might get paid to restore VW's and Porsches!

Well i found out about a possible job restoring a 72 super, that might lead me to start restoring Porsche 356's, early 911's...ect. Not for sure yet, but it sounds promising so far. i have to wait a week for word on what might happen.

For me (and im sure a lot of other people here) i think this is one of the best jobs to have, the shop is fairly low key, easy going and has a bunch of nice cool guys working there. its not one of those grease monkey shops, its fairly clean and organized to a point.
I think this is going to be a great start in what i like to do (Tinker, build and create... and on german cars!). at the moment i build custom cabinetry and have been for the past year, but the guy i work for is a little skatter brained and some of his work ethics dont work for me (hes a somewhat cool and fair guy to ME... just not to all his customers, and i have to deal with HIS problems he creates).

Anyways, i thought i would share the good new and brag a little
I hope it works out!!!

Later,
Jonathan

Current cars:
-74 Super Beetle
-86 Vanagon Syncro
-64 sunroof bug
-73 thing
Old August 31st 2004, 08:41
Administrator

Sounds like some cool work. I hope everything works out for you.
66 Beetle, 73 Standard Beetle
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe
Old August 31st 2004, 08:56

good luck!!!!!

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old August 31st 2004, 20:00

Super sweet dude. That is just about the coolest job ever. Hey with the way TV shows are going right now you might wind up on TV... :agree:
www.volksport.net Volksport Kfer Gruppe
Old August 31st 2004, 23:11

yeah thanks.... i hope TV stays out of my life, yes i enjoy watching people build and create things on tv, but its starting to become a trend... ya know.

Like the damn multies cross deal, ITS NOT A BIKER thing, its much more than that, even the Nazis of germany used it. now you see about a houndred people around town with the cross on their cars, shirts..ect, and most of the time is has somthing like West Coast Choppers on it to, or OCC junk.

Dont get me wrong, i love the way the multies cross looks for sure! i even have one on the back of my german army green jaket (looks like a military jaket) that says Aircooled inside of it (have had it for a few years).
but its getting a little played out when you see GI-Joes has a whole rack dedicated to selling crap with the cross on it (from stickers to mirrors, to floor matts)... its a trend, it will pass.

but now its considered cool to work on cars..ect, but a lot of people are still not total gear heads, and never will be!

Later,
Jonathan

Current cars:
-74 Super Beetle
-86 Vanagon Syncro
-64 sunroof bug
-73 thing
Old September 18th 2004, 02:52

Well i got the job to work on the beetle, its almost done (things go fast when you have the parts...) i just need to fit the bumpers, all the lights, trim, and some odds and ends and it drives...!

The shop is even nicer working at than first thought...the guys working there are so helpfull, nice. easy going and fun to be around. (and that odd as they are in there 40's-50's, and im only 18) but it works! its totaly cool.
The shop is fairly low key, time is not totaly stressed, work is not stressed. its a exelent working enviroment, time just seams to slip away when working there... its that nice (time flys while having fun!) Man!

So after i complete this beetle, i would be out of work at the shop... but not so fast, as im just about sure i can get hired by one of the guys as his "sidekick" kinda, to get things started. i talked with him today while buffing a 55 200 benz ( i offered to help when i was just hanging out today) and he just about comfirmed this.
After startig this beetle, they noticed im a dependable, good hard worker,with a passion for this stuff. he was even complenting me to my father (hes a friend of his to) on how i dont screw off like lots of other kids and how i just keep working... so FINALY some one recognizes this! and its paying off (So you kids out there reading.... Hint hint)

So hopfully this will take me some place, it allready has in a way.

I cant wait to start restoring the BMW Iseta they have that thing is so neat! (and oh so cute! TOTAL chick magnet :O)

Thanks for reading my rambaling brag :P
Later,
Jonathan

Current cars:
-74 Super Beetle
-86 Vanagon Syncro
-64 sunroof bug
-73 thing
Old September 18th 2004, 04:07

very cool man. I wish i would have done something like that back when i was 18. I guess i was one of the goof off kids that he was talking about. Nothing like hard work that pays off. Good luck and keep up the good work. Mabey one day we will be taking cars to you to restore or customize.

plans

power 13b Turbo Rotary 300 hp
Wheels 18" turbo twists
inside Sparco blue racing seats
Sparco pedels, wheel, and shifter nob

Sparco Rep Andrew @ www.pilotracegear.com Good deals on Sparco stuff
Old September 18th 2004, 17:55

that's great news. good luck with it again. i hope it can turn into a long term gig. just show that them you are of quality and commitment enough to carry on their legacy. someone has to do it and they know it.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old September 20th 2004, 00:14

Awesome job man. Just keep up the good work and you will go far with that attitude.
www.volksport.net Volksport Kfer Gruppe