GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Brakes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 25th 2018, 16:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
Interesting indeed.
I just measured it, but was difficult to do. I needed to sort-of eye-ball it a bit, but I think its about 112-113mm bolt spacing. What is the 944 n/a ?

They are big bolts however, like M10, not the M6 of the original 944 n/a front hubs.. (on which 911 3,2 rotors in 24mm thickness also fit BTW, but you may already know that).
I suspected it wasn't the same They didn't even consider the Porsche rotor when they created those. The n/a 944 bolt circle is 126mm. I did know the later rotors would fit. Flat told me that some time back (in the event I could use those 44mm 964 C2 rear calipers on the front). I wonder if n/a 944 rotors could be re-drilled in the off spaces to fit the CB hubs? 944 rotors are dirt cheap (I bought my set for $13 per side). I MAY try experimenting to see if it would work.

Edit: NVM, I just went out and looked at my 944 rotors. There's not enough meat to the inside of the 126mm bolt circle to drill M10 holes, much less on a tighter bolt circle. If the CB hubs don't have enough meat outside their bolt circle for a M6 holes, it's a non-starter

Last edited by H2OSB; February 25th 2018 at 16:34.