GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Project Builds

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 26th 2014, 16:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by effvee View Post
944S anti rollbar

Hi, the coil over shocks with the upgraded mountng bolt. I have read and read again where this coilover shock is great as a secondary assist. However the stock torsion bars are better. I would add the 944 sway bars. Man I sure wish this courld be really nailed down. I have three sets of 944 trailing arms, one with the sway bar; all early version (snubbers), as to which is better/stronger. Please believe I'm not trying to rain on your post, I love it, I just have questions.

I have real reservation about cutting into the torsion bar housing. In order to, for me lesson the possibility of a 915 trans fitting. I have reserved possibily using a much weaker in poundage torsion bar and the coil oves. The ideal of the 902, because of length, knowing that it has a weak first gear; rather than touching that strong point in the rear suspension. Even when they modify by cutting out areas, gives me the shivers about breakage in the exact area.

This Porsche bolt that you use for the lower coilover mount will be all that support your car/ride height. Will this be a dialy driver?
Hi Effvee,

I understand your concerns but I wanted the original width. using 7J fuchs and aluminum trailingarms meant I had to cut the torsion tube.
the lower shock bolt is disined to carry the weight, this is why i bought it and not use a home made bracket.
All comments are apprecieted

It will not be a daily driver. it will be my "good wetter" and VW meeting ride.

Paul.