GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Interior

Old January 13th 2008, 16:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by effvee View Post
Hi, I've been looking for a 1303 dash. Everybody saying, they no longer make them. Although I have seen some German companies restoring convertibles, having new dashs. To day Silver Bullets car was on members rides, and that just what I'm talking about. It say custom, my question is to what point is it custom. I have veiwed all of his posts, but nothing on his dash. Can anyone contact him or know just how much was custom. I know custom means custom made, but I'm hoping mods to.

If you are looking for the stock style, Al Knock interiors in Texas makes a very nice reproduction piece. The take original factory dash, strip, the plastic padding off of it, and recover it with a modern rubberized coating similar to a new car. When I bought mine they charged $150 to use your core or $400 to use scrap yard pieces that they have.

The CSP dash is a fiberglass piece, but it very good quality. It is very smooth on both sides.
Old January 15th 2008, 04:02

Thank you

Hi, thank you, I am having one made at present. I really want one like the 914 three gauge dash, just like the one Dirk's friend can do. However, if it pans out, due to shiping costl; it would be nice to have a back up plan. Do you have there number? Also where in Texas, I may be going to the Dallas area with in the next 2 months.
Old January 16th 2008, 22:13

1-800-880-8080 Or 1-866-AlKnoch

They are based in Canutillo, Texas

Here is their web address:

http://www.alknochinteriors.com/
Old January 17th 2008, 21:06

Alright

Hi, thanks for the info. Dirk was good enough to make contact with a person that does the mods; so far it's a go. When I get the dash, it will be bare by my request. I think Silver Bullet showed a rubberized modern dash, man I just love the look. So if the person in Texas can do the project, all the better. I may mod in three gauges, from a pod they sell for the "A" pillar on modern cars. I like to look over slightly and see the gaugesm, they won't be in the frontal area. After I do the mods, I'll have the business in Texas work there magic.

Thanks again
Francell aka effvee

Last edited by effvee; January 18th 2008 at 02:00.
Old March 11th 2008, 04:07
berliner

Dash mods

I was the person who was responsible for doing silverbillets dash, I have also done another since, If you would like one the same, please contact me. Here are some more pics...

Regards

David Gouk

drgouk65@hotmail.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dash1.jpg (71.2 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg 1_1.jpg (74.3 KB, 105 views)
Old March 11th 2008, 08:49

Hi

That looks like a really nice dash. How is the gauge visibility with a small steering wheel?

Steve
Old March 11th 2008, 16:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgee View Post
I was the person who was responsible for doing silverbillets dash, I have also done another since, If you would like one the same, please contact me. Here are some more pics...

Regards

David Gouk

drgouk65@hotmail.com
If I supplied a modified dash, how much would it be to reskin it to look OEM like that one above?
Old March 13th 2008, 13:46
berliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricola View Post
If I supplied a modified dash, how much would it be to reskin it to look OEM like that one above?
Hi, The Cost of doing a dash like silverbilets, is $1300Usd. This is excluding the core dash and shipping, lh or rh does not matter.

Regards

David Gouk