GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Members Rides

Old February 27th 2008, 17:35

That was the first session, credits for the cam-work go to Robin.

Won't forget that last session when I had the chance to be your passenger, for multiple reasons! Oh man, what a ride!
Old February 28th 2008, 18:09

Oh, yes its Robin's fault (of course )

You certainly had a rememberal run...pity the rod didn't wanted to play anymore. The run I did when I was alone in the car was about 5 seconds faster IIRC, so we were taking it (relatively) 'easy'. I needed to as I had promised this in order to have a passenger

I will miss the N/A roar tho...

Old February 28th 2008, 19:00

thats the coolest
Old September 12th 2008, 16:08

Another engine, another possibility to do a track day. Unfortunately there was quite some rain today, but we had fun nevertheless. I took just 1 pic with my digital, but later some more pic/vid's will follow (hopefully).

Old September 13th 2008, 03:57

Hi wally,

I've read your threads on all of the forums and I'm totally taken aback as to how sweet your rides are

Nice work! I love your Type 4 Turbo experiments!!
Old September 14th 2008, 04:53

Thanks!

Here's a short clip of the rainy trackday:
Zandvoort trackday
Old September 20th 2008, 00:26

i want to know more about the 411/412?
Old September 21st 2008, 14:38

It was my 'safety device' for the day (wife wanted me to tow as I was not allowed to return late that day if anything would go wrong... )

But, what do you want to know?
Old September 22nd 2008, 22:50

i love it man that is a sweet pic i love the rims kind looks like your taking the kids to the race track lol
Old January 21st 2010, 11:43

Hi

Where have you bought the wing that you have intercooler in. It looks very good on the car. Have you measured how effective it is with the cooling of the ic
Old January 21st 2010, 13:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra View Post
Hi

Where have you bought the wing that you have intercooler in. It looks very good on the car. Have you measured how effective it is with the cooling of the ic
Thanks; i have the wing as a left-over of another 1303 I drove a while (15+ years..) back in the days...Nobody wanted a duck-tail on the bug, so I replaced it with a regular one and kept it for a crazy project... That crazy project is now my regular bug
Its VERY effective, even without ice. Just a few degrees above ambient when I am driving in the highway at highway speeds
Old January 22nd 2010, 13:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
Thanks; i have the wing as a left-over of another 1303 I drove a while (15+ years..) back in the days...Nobody wanted a duck-tail on the bug, so I replaced it with a regular one and kept it for a crazy project... That crazy project is now my regular bug
Its VERY effective, even without ice. Just a few degrees above ambient when I am driving in the highway at highway speeds
It sounds good. Also think my car had dressed duck-tail. And not least it would have been nice to have a good place to put ic.
Old January 12th 2012, 11:23

Hi Wally, compliments on your bug.

I'm interested to know about your experience with the Saco hydraulic clutch when you fitted it to the 915 you ran a while back.

did you use the entire kit as it was intended? or did you modify/swap parts. I've seen that you had a short arm on the gearbox end, did you change anything else?

I too have the saco kit fitted to a 915, my troubles lie with the master cylinder I think. I had alot of trouble fitting the saco master cylinder into my type 3, I have the mk2 cylinder which is a bulky peice of cnc'd equipment, I also have the coolant lines for the EJ20T motor running through the gearbox tunnel. I struugled to fit the bulky saco master cylinder in the tunnel so ditched it infavour of a less bulky item. I'm not sure of the specifications of the master cylinder only the vehicle it was from and am convinced its not a good match.

Anyway as my pedal is insanely heavy to operate I'm now contemplating at having another go at fitting the saco M/C.

I guess what I'm interested to know is how you got on with your saco kit on your 915?

How did the pedal feel? heavy or soft?

Did you do anything special when fitting the kit?

Thanks

Kai
Old January 12th 2012, 15:31

Hi Kai,

Saco kit worked very well for me. I had the gen.1 version (obviously) and just replaced the nylon line from slave to master with a (copper) brake line. I was afraid the brake line would be too small in diameter, but it works fine still. If you have the choice, I would use a slightly bigger line.
Even with the original slave (from CNC), it worked just normal, not especially heavy, even though the stock 915 clutch operates very heavy in itself.
I still run the original master from SACO, but now with a annular VW (Passat) slave. Still works fine (against my expectation lol).

Good luck,
Walter
Old January 13th 2012, 03:35

Thanks for your reply Wally that's great information for me.

I rebleed my current system last night and managed to get some air out of the system but my pedal is still pretty firm. So I'll be pulling It apart soon in an attempt to fit the Saco master cylinder then.

I'm going to have to remove a lot of the excess material from my Saco master cylinder, I've also got to rotate it 90degrees as its too wide with the fittings on the side to fit in the tunnel with my coolant pipes. My current master cylinder is a nightmare to fit/adjust/replace. I may even look for a equilivalent specc'd master cylinder if I can't trim the saco M/C enough.

I've already fitted a brake line front to back as that was a similar size to what came in the kit and I have the flaring tools available.

Wally will you be going to Ninove in March?