GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Clubs From Around The World > VolkSport Käfer Gruppe

Old March 31st 2003, 21:14

Adrian model kombi

I thought you might be interested. I was dragged to Commerce Ga to shop with my daughter and wife and I decided to see if I could find any model cars to build. They had a white top yellow bottom split bus at KB toys made by solido. This is just like yours, but not a camper. I picked up a two tone light and dark blue early bug with what I call water graphics on the side. It looks like a euro setup. It has empi rims, megaphones, eyebrows and shortened front and rear early bumpers. All the chrome is painted to match except that it has windshield chrome edging and a chrome molding down the center of the hood. They got the dechroming half right. The front turn sighnals have been shaved. I believe I will repaint it the colors I intend to use to see how it looks. Thought you might be interested in the bus. Cheers
Old April 2nd 2003, 11:52

Thanks Chigger! I might have to track that down Granted in all my free time I doubt I would ever get to getting anything done with it.

Later,
Adrian
'96 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 6.5L Diesel
'99 GMC Suburban 6.5L Diesel
VolkSport Kafer Gruppe
Old April 3rd 2003, 02:19

Free time what is that? They are working us 7 days a week. My tractor is down and I really don't want to dig a 500 sq foot foundation for a garage by hand in the limited time I have left of the day. What good is money if you don't have time to spend it?