GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Old January 4th 2005, 21:32

1600 engine questions

Not really 1600 questions,

The T4 project is not coming along quite the way I'd like. Money, time, etc.. Can anyone advise on parts that I can use on my stock T1 to bolster performance (and would eventually be used on the T4) in the meantime. I know not all will transfer, but I'd like to pull a little more time out of the T1, focus on finishing the rest of the car, and then do the T4 right.

I was thinking of dual Kads, a header/muffler, and ignition upgrade. Maybe more?
VKG
Old January 4th 2005, 21:44

not much will carry over either due to fitment or appropiate sizing for the performance of the engine. what kind of TIV were you looking at? 2056 i believe.

carbs for the 2056 would be larger than you would want to use on the 1600, but you might be able to go oversized on the 1600 for now. ignition can carry over. and if you are going Cali conversion, you can reuse some of your cooling tin. nothing else is coming to mind. exhaust will not move over save maybe a muffler if you go with a TIV exhaust that uses the T1 flange (FAT, LAP, A-1 and some others). so you could get a PhatBoy or the likes.

my advice would be safe that money towards the TIV and live with the T1 as is. consider it motivation by de-motivation. you will find yourself saving money much quicker if you live with the pain of the stock engine.

another alternative would be to throw some money at a used 1915 or 1835 T1 for the meantime and then cherry pick the few things that can move over.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design