GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Old October 5th 2010, 18:43

Blue Remmele?

Hi! When I stopped working on my VWs Remmele was building a state of the art blue Beetle that was going to be STi powered. What happened to that beast? Any recent pictures or information?
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fahrzeuge022.jpg (19.6 KB, 178 views)
Old October 6th 2010, 04:03

Thatīs an older car that Remmele has built about 7 or 8 years ago or so.It was intended to be a race car with Kurt Thimm (ex DTM driver) as the driver.Not long after that picture was taken,the car was sold to a customer.Where it is now,I have no idea.Remmele would never put an Sti Engine in a beetle That was powered by a type 4.
Old October 6th 2010, 05:11

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Turbobug View Post
Thatīs an older car that Remmele has built about 7 or 8 years ago or so.It was intended to be a race car with Kurt Thimm (ex DTM driver) as the driver.Not long after that picture was taken,the car was sold to a customer.Where it is now,I have no idea.Remmele would never put an Sti Engine in a beetle That was powered by a type 4.
Well said!!!!!!!!!!! type4 air cooled power only!!!!!
BMW E30 318i CONVERTIBLE 1992
Italian Toys - GERMAN WAR MACHINES
WRC is for boys - GROUP B WAS FOR MEN
Old October 7th 2010, 22:09

Good information! Does any magazine had done a full feature on this jewel ?
The Subaru engine info came from the 1998 November VW Speed magazine feature on a german show. Also the 1999 August Super VW magazine run an article about the Remmele shop where it showed the car and stated a Subaru biturbo engine was in the works for the car. So should be from a Legacy not an STi I guess! But surely later on I saw some pictures of it with a Type 4!!!
Old October 8th 2010, 04:11

As far as I know ,there is no article on this particular car.I know this car well and it never had a suby engine in it when Remmele owned it.This car was displayed in the show room when Remmele had his shop in Beinheim,France - now in Baden-Baden, Germany.I visit Remmele often when I am in the area.The last time Iīve seen the car was in his show room in France and it had a 2.9 Liter type 4 with the big heads.Here a couple of pics Iīve taken.At the time i took the pics,there was no engine installed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fahrzeuge049.jpg (34.9 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg fahrzeuge050.jpg (30.7 KB, 168 views)
File Type: jpg fahrzeuge0491.JPG (60.5 KB, 129 views)
Old October 8th 2010, 08:59

Yes I never saw it with a watercooled engine, I guess it should be an speculation by the magazines. By the, do youhave recent pictures of the shop or new projects? IMO Remmele was the shop building the finest GL around. No offense to other shops, in fact LA Performance is building some very, very nice!!!
Old October 8th 2010, 14:27

I remember a pic of this car or one very similar with no engine but an exhaust system for a turbo subaru engine in it... (maybe Volksworld?)
Old October 9th 2010, 07:52

It could be that the new owner has such plans.I donīt know who bought it or where the car is now.I donīt have any pics of Remmeleīs current shop.Actually his current shop isnīt as nice as the one pictured here.The shop in France looked nice,but had major problems.There was always something wrong with the building: heat,electric and plumbing and some structural flaws aswell.Thatīs why Remmele moved back to Germany (50Km away).His current shop (since 4 years) is basically like a warehouse.He is currently renovating and putting in new rooms for an office,parts and product presentation/show room.Most of the cars and engines he builds never show up in the internet.Most of his customers are repeat customers or are looking for a 4th or 5th toy to play with.So hardly anybody from the internet crowd.
Old January 1st 2011, 10:34

http://flic.kr/p/96rE8U

I found this. It's from Super VW Magazine nr 120 august 1999. (french magazine) The story is about another blue bug with OZ wheels but they also put a story about the shop in it. On this pic it says subaru bi-turbo but there's no engine in the car......so... the magazine made it up or something

sorry about the crappy photo, cellphone pic of a magazine and I can't load it, so just a link

Last edited by excello; January 1st 2011 at 10:41.
Old January 1st 2011, 11:04

According to the magazine the script at bottom right corner says the car is beeing prepared for a mean twin turbo subaru engine.I know that Remmele never put a subaru engine in it.Maybe it was the new owners choice to put one in.I havenīt seen the car since Remmele sold it.
Old May 5th 2011, 15:18

Does anyone have seen or know of any other beetle with the same front bumper as this bleu Remmele beetle? I have never seen one. The reason I ask is because I just bought a front bumper exactly like this at the swapmeet in Hannover 01-05-11 for my GL '75 1303. The person I bought it from told me it is a Remmele bumper.

This is my new front bumper.

Old May 5th 2011, 18:17

Yes, I had seen some Beetles with a very similar bumper/spoiler from
Kerscher. If you search their site you will find it. Very similar but not the same. Do not know which was first.
Old May 6th 2011, 02:01

I know the Kerscher bumper/spoiler looks a bit like this one. In fact there is one on the background in my picture behind the person holding the Remmele bumper in front of my beetle. I bought the Kerscher one first and after carrying it around for 1/2 an hour I found the Remmele bumper. I sold the Kerscher bumper the same day. There is a big difference between the two bumpers. The Remmele is much lower to the ground. The spoiler is much bigger compered to the Kerscher spoiler. It is even an inch lower than my original Kamei spoiler wich is mounted on the beetle and behind the new bumper/spoiler.

P.S. Karl Meier was the first. The rest of the beetle spoilers are all ripoffs.

http://www.kamei.de/kamei-story_subID-2_de.html
Old May 6th 2011, 02:38

Yep, that's a Remmele bumper/spoiler. Hang on to it because afaik he doesn't make them anymore.I'll have to ask him next month if he still makes them