GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Off Topic

Old July 20th 2005, 21:06

What would you do?

This is my delemmna(SP?). I'll be PUSHING it to have my car ready by the GL meet and greet/BugJam...

So, I'm in a predicament. I still need to buy a couple things, all about the same price, and all are required to put my wheels and brakes on.

Here are my options:

Maxx struts - Can't put on my wheels without them....but I'de have them outta the way

Vdubcustoms Billet hubs - I'll need these to put them on....and it'll definitly be a big thing out of the way....

Fenders - I'm actually thinking of just trailering my car up there, and just possibly getting these 2-3in fenders up at the Swapmeet. SO I'm pretty much ruling these out, lol.

Although, this has nothing to do with getting the car GL'd, it definitly has to do with structural integrity. It'll actually SAVE me a bunch of money in that I won't need pans, or heater channels work done, as it's the cost of these alone, without the cost of labor....

It's down the road from me.....SOLID....I'de end up either selling the tranny, or using it as a core for my engine.

So it comes down to "right now" and future planning. I REALLY want my car done for that weekend, but this car is for the futur of the beast.....

I can either have the car rolling for bugjam, and pay more in the end for the labor of getting the pans and channels in and not be the guy "My car is at home, and it's got/gonna have..." or I can go to the shows with it back at home, and have a SOLID ride, but not done......which one?
Old July 20th 2005, 22:15

Do it right the first time. It may take longer but you will be happy in the end when its done. You can be that guy this year. Heck we had to do that for 5 years before we got our project done.
Old July 21st 2005, 00:11

I've been the "My car is at home, and it's got/gonna have..." guy for the last seven years! I'm for doing it right the first time. It's worth the wait...
Old July 21st 2005, 01:25

That's the thing. Both ways are the right way....it's just one gets me brakes now, but a higher bill later. And the other gets me rust free, cheap now...but brakes later.....more or less, a curveball thrown at me, lol
Old July 21st 2005, 09:29

I agree, do it right the 1st time.

I've spend too much time redoing stuff already because 'I just wanted to get it running'....

Rob.
Old July 21st 2005, 12:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by oicdn
Both ways are the right way....it's just one gets me brakes now, but a higher bill later. And the other gets me rust free, cheap now...but brakes later
I'd get it "rust free" and driveable (safely) first as the foundation of your project. Upgrades such as wheels/brakes can be done in the future...