GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Old August 16th 2005, 17:49

Exclamation The VW Boxer Engine production STOP!

THE OLD AND FAITHFUL VW BOXER ENGINE DESIGNED BY PORSCHE ERA IS ABOUT TO COME TO A SILENT END - WE SHALL NOT ALLOW THIS HAPPEN WITHOUT A RESPECTFULL AND SIGNIFIVATIVE HOMAGE MADE BY THE VW LOVERS WORLD-WIDE!
The last vehicle powered by the air cooled VW Boxer engine still being manufactured now is the Kombi, how the VW transporter is called here in Brazil. Next the air cooled engine will be substituted by a water cooled one and the Porsche's Motor era will come to an end.
We really do believe that a common action of those who care about the faithful VW Boxer motor heritage is urgently needed. What do you think about divulging this fact to all VW lovers that do have any connection to the boxer motor in order to incite them to write to Volkswagen do Brasil asking about the farewell that will be made as homage to this important piece of automotive engineering?
For more details please visit the Site: http://vwboxer1935to2005.bravehost.com
There you can click on the button "VW Boxer FACTS" and see a brief history of this motor.
Kind regards
Alexander Gromow

Last edited by Fusca-Brasil; August 16th 2005 at 18:04.
Old September 7th 2005, 07:56

The official VW Boxer logo is ready!

Elaborated by Heide-Marie von der Au, from Halfway House, South Africa, based upon the suggestion and advisement of Alexander Gromow - São Paulo, State of São Paulo, Brazil, Fernando Pisano - Buenos Aires, Argentina and Marcus Valério Lins Barroso - Jundiai, state of São Paulo, Brazil.

This logo presents to the left a silhouette of the Wolfsburg's Volkswagen Plant where VW Boxer engine initially was manufactured. In the center it is the VW Boxer engine in its initial version still with one exhaust pipe, model that did equip the VW Beetles up to 1953, in its first series. In the right Ferdinand Porsche the mentor of the development of the project of the VW Beetle which included the fantastic air-cooled VW Boxer engine. In the inferior banderole it is the era of this engine since its development until its farewell of the assembly lines that will go to occur in Brazil.

For more deatail please visit the Site www.gromow.com/vwengine

Here is the official logo preview:

Kind regards
Alexander Gromow
www.fuscabrasil.net
Old September 25th 2005, 11:55

For very few, T2 Silver Series last air cooled version...

As I can see the subject I raised did not call the attention of many participants of this forum, well that's life...
It may be that even less of the participants will read this additional note, it may be the better for the real KOMBI and air-cooled motor fans, because the quantity is really very limited!
I'm proud to inform that my efforts towards Volkswagen do Brazil did show up to be successful and to mark the final production of a vehicle driven by a VW Boxer air cooled engine VW do Brazil is already producing a very limited edition of the SILVER T2 COMMEMORATIVE KOMBI. Only 300 units will be produced and some of them are already sold.
It will be a run against the clock to reserve a unit and I wonder if some of the SAMBA Forum members will get one unit. The first units are already painted and the special sales will start next with preference to Brazilian VW Dealers. The "outsiders" will have to rush their inscription in the reservation list.
After this please do not say that you were not notified...
That's for the moment - if somebody will need more information please get in touch, I believe that I can help.
With the best air-cooled wishes
Alexander Gromow
(Laucher of the World Wide VW Beetle Day in Bad Camberg)