GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Old May 22nd 2004, 23:15

Klaus tuning heads????

Has anyone noticed that Klaus Tuning website now is available in English and now has 2.6L heads. The question is are these the Engine Plus heads or some heads Klaus is building? Any ideas? Jake, you have the set of Engine Plus heads from Alex, how do they compare to these. The Klaus heads appear to have nicew large Type IV type exhaust ports. I bought Alex's 102 nickies and am now looking for some big heads. So Jake when will yours be for sale?

Thanks,

Randy
Meyers Manx Signature #85 , 79 Convert
Old May 24th 2004, 04:43

Hi Randy,
No, the Klaus head on his site is definately not the Engine Plus head! You can easily tell the difference just by looking at them: The Klaus head is very much like a stock type 4 head, just with totally reworked exhaust ports and added fins around the sprak plug hole.
I expect Jake's upcoming new head to be very much alike, but am just speculating of course.

I spoke to Klaus his son a few months back. He is studying metallurgy or s/th and casting was his main interest I believe. The Klaus heads will therefore be a new cast (as well).
Only no production is available yet. I understood it will take at least a year or so before any heads will be able to be for sale...

Greetings,
Walter
Old May 24th 2004, 17:02

The engine plus head is similar to what we are working with. Thats why I spent the money to get Alex's and get direct comparisons with ours as a base line.

Don't expect to see mine for another 4-5 months on an engine other than my test beast... Then after we use 10-12 sets here we will start to sell them.

The engine plus heads lack cooling fins, something mine will definately be get around..