GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 26th 2004, 01:27

I'm not familiar with the Uni-techs, but I know some refurb stock rods are a proven formula, they work well...

A set of after market rods that are said to be great quality, SCAT I and H beam series rods.

The I-beams can be had for I thik its $150, over at aircooled.net, the H-beam are more expensive...can remember the price.

Just throwing Ideas at ya....I'm sure you are certain on the 1914 combo you spoke of before, and one that would be reliable, and still a bit fun....

keep your compression rate on the light end, i wouldnt go higher than 8.5:1. And you would want to run high octane gas of course. Thats not saying you CANT go over 8.5:1, but the higher you go, the hotter your heads get, the more revs you turn, and over all more wear you put on the entire engine. but in time it wont last long....that compared to a lower CR.

Bigger valves will help greatly, the 40X35.5s would be a great choice, and with a dremel tool, you could lightly de-purr the ports (and match them to your manifolds), and give it a mild polish too...and save yourself hundreds. I havent flycut heads before, so I cant say much their, but there are shops around that could give you a 3-angle valve job, flycut (this gets you to the desired CR), and bored out for 94s, for less than $200-300....but those prices are just what I'm GUESSING that would all cost!!

Jezz, I'm rambling on and on....

Hope this helps!

ever need more help, e-mail me!
eurolook71@hotmail.com