GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Old May 24th 2006, 13:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedzbug
i hope that didnt sound too contradictory.
Sounded like me ... only in several hundred fewer words.
Old May 24th 2006, 14:52

a friend of mine said I should go with the R&P. Since I'm looking for a road racer style car. He said with all things being equal, the R&P is much smoother and more responsive. So that's what I have decided to do. You said that R&P are on the 75 model correct. :agree:

Super wanted

If it ain't steel, it ain't real
Old July 11th 2006, 09:18

All work well

All bugs can be made to handle sharp and precise even the beam if its set up the right way,for the super bugs you realy need lowered struts and urethane bushings to maximise r&p or stearing box,we also run 250 pound springs and adjustable strut tops to get a true neg 3 degrees of camber and gas strut incerts.this is for track use and the car handels superbly ,no bump steer and supple ride.Ive also driven stock 1303{curved windsheild} and 1302s{Flatw/s} that handel amazingly well so what ever your budget they are alot of fun the most time consuming and also expesive factor is body work so I would say finde the straightest most rust free bug you can finde you wont be dissapointed either way if its r&p or s,box but you will be realy bummed out if it falls appart from rust and takes all your money and time just makin the thing look good,money you could have spent on maken it go realy good,any way thats how we do it in Sydney Australia take it or leave it its up to you!most of all have fun its a bug after all! We have a blast cheers JS
Old July 18th 2006, 23:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboL
All bugs can be made to handle sharp and precise even the beam if its set up the right way...... Ive also driven stock 1303{curved windsheild} and 1302s{Flatw/s} that handel amazingly well so what ever your budget they are alot of fun the most time consuming and also expesive factor is body work so I would say finde the straightest most rust free bug you can finde you wont be dissapointed either way if its r&p or s,box but you will be realy bummed out if it falls appart from rust and takes all your money and time just makin the thing look good,money you could have spent on maken it go realy good,any way thats how we do it in Sydney Australia take it or leave it its up to you!most of all have fun its a bug after all! We have a blast cheers JS
Thanks for the info. Money is not the issue. But getting information to make the right decision for my wants and needs. My right hand drive came from down under. I love it. :agree: :agree:

Super wanted

Old July 19th 2006, 06:22

V jealouse

My VW addiction is sending me broke but loving every minit,take your time and I allways go with my gut feeling and Ive done well so far 67 Kombi with a 1600 engine twin kadron carbs and a 69 front end,not the ultimate set up but in the 7 years Ive owend it it hasnt cost me a sent its basicly the same car as when I boughtit bar tyres and seats.I drive it every day does 120kmph all day and it rocks.I also have a 1303 project I paid 20 grand australian for and it came with 50grand worth of parts and receipts.I knew as soon as I saw these cars they had to be mine no regretts my 8th and 9th VWs to date and still love em good luck JS
Old July 20th 2006, 21:14

I'm a true hardcore computer nut. But am clueless to Cars. But I love every minute I'm out in the garage wrenching on mine. I have a friend building me an 1776 engine with dual carbs, full flow oil system and a Porsche fan kit on it. My right hand drive is my daily driver, except for now since the engine is getting redone.I bought mine for $500.00 american and just in body mods and pan rust repair, I've spent almost $8,000.00. Then there is the addded expense of the new engine and I still need to figure out the paint and interior. But Loving every minute of it. :agree:

Super wanted

Old September 1st 2008, 05:57

i have 1303... not sure what year but i has 2 bolt suspension... what does this bug have... rack or R&P??