GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Old June 2nd 2010, 03:37

DUDE!!! this thing is a monster!!! Hope to see it finished soon!
Old June 2nd 2010, 07:34
Administrator

Looking good. Slow progress is still progress.
66 Beetle, 73 Standard Beetle
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe
Old June 2nd 2010, 10:24

very true no_h20 but im not the patient type, & considering im about 6months late for my ballpark finish date (4yrs from stripping the car) i aint happy! but yeah spending a few hours on it every day lately, its been good

that said, ill be grateful for my slow progress when i have very little to re-do later on, im a big fan of getting it right the first time, so far its gone from paper to metal relatively hassle free
Old June 2nd 2010, 10:51
Administrator

Remember, the last 20% of a build seems to take the longest. I have been stalled on an engine build for 3+ years between waiting for parts and customer cars having priority. I have collected a shelf of other parts that I want to get on the car and have been waiting on a front spoiler to be made for 2+ years. I know your pain.
66 Beetle, 73 Standard Beetle
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe
Old June 3rd 2010, 10:47

work not being cooperative with my schedule of beetle work so not much done, measureing for axle lenght is super high priority but its not going so well, early starts 3days in a row on night shift is hurting, gotta sleep sometime, earlier today was used for that instead, hopefully have it mounted by the weekend, perhaps even have the sides of my engine bay sorted out too, fingers crossed...
Old June 5th 2010, 10:24

oooook.... so its been a looong day, got up, mowed, got gearbox in position, measured for axles, fixed toe-in issues, pondered fuel system and installed rear lights, gotta love genuine VW ones, they guard/base/lense actually looks like its made for each other (re-POOP elephants feet SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!)

anywho, spose i should get some pics up, very very very happy with progress currently, would be better if my sister didnt have my damn hammer tho but no huge drama

anyway, considering putting a surge in this location currently, not sure ive thought about it enough to justify making something to fit just yet

hopefully you can work out where it is from the pics, looking under from the base of the strut/control arm up to the section opposite side the master cylinder, thoughts?
Old June 5th 2010, 10:32

Getting some sweet progress happening there mate!!

doing it right the frist time is the way to go, but, not everything always works the way we hope... trial and error seems to be how the world of modification works. GL with it all