GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Body

Old April 24th 2006, 07:42

Bugfool is full of it

BUG FOOL is a fool I am the owner of the parts he refers to and am 100percent happy with them and the service I got from LA.Id recommened LA to anyone who wants a fair deal with no runaround.Lee Arnold was more than helpful and bent over backwards to make my dealings with him work smoothly and with out any worries.I LIVE IN aUSTRALIA AND IT WOULD BE EZY FOR SOMEONE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS AND RIP ME OFF BUT THIS WAS NOT THE CASE with LA Performance.It was a pleasure dealing with Lee and Im very happy with the parts I have .
Old April 24th 2006, 19:27

Nice to hear that. Lee always seems to be an honest and nice guy.

Keep up the good work and back on the track

WIebrand
Old April 26th 2006, 13:01
VW consumer products reseller and researcher

evening all, well ive had a couple of mails from jon the person who had the c/f stuff, and it looks like its his step father that is bug fool, at least he choose the right name, fool. its not gospel but it seems he thinks jon is spending to much money on his bug project and that he is a jealous type of person.
can you believe a person would do this to a company just because of there own jealousy ,this could of damaged my company, period.
in my post i said i would rather give jon his money back than complete the order, well i will honour the order and send jon the remaining parts, its not jons fault so why should he surfer because of the FOOL. the internet is a dangerous place, aswell as a good way of finding out stuff, so be warned not everything you read on it is gospel.
so be warned bug fool any more of your nonsence and there will be legal action against you MARK MY WORDS, i dont care weather you are 1000,s of miles from me, unlike you i speak the TRUTH.
LEE ARNOLD www.laperformance.co.uk
Old April 26th 2006, 16:59

I've dealt with Lee at LA in a me asking a bazillion questions with no obligation to purchase goods or services from him and he was very helpful in answering my questions via email without hesitation. I would expect to get blown off by most suppliers/tuners with me asking for information on cutting off their ability to profit from me. This says to me that he is a most likely a standup guy interested in advancing the sport/hobby/way of life through good works as well as good products.

Good guy/shop. Unfortunately, no Ghia carbon components....AAAARRGGHH!

I curse my cars beauty at times.
Old April 26th 2006, 20:13

dont worry lee we figured that it was some toilet who registered the same day just to give you a slagging off - with no previous posts it was pretty obvious

britewerx/la performance have been a mainstay in the uk for years, if they were genuinely up to no good they would have died a deathlong ago as the aircooled scene in the uk is very tightly knit
Old April 27th 2006, 01:39

If possible, BugFools posts should be deleted by the powers that be so we don't have to have that kind of situtation lurking in the archives. That's just plain sick that someone would do something like that.

Jason
1st Drag Run

Dyno Run
Oval Ragster-'57 Rag/'04 Boxster S
Old April 27th 2006, 09:04

There is a bizarre double-irony going on here from my perspective.

About a year or so ago, I had plans on getting certain c-f/kevlar stuff from Carbon Joe and some c-f stuff from Lee. My e-mails with both were met with friendly, concise replies. When Carbon Joe ceased operations, I posted some questions about alternatives with a full explanation (what else is new? ) of my intent.

I received a PM from someone telling me to seriously reconsider c-f from LAP. (Please don't ask me who because I don't remember and even if I did, I regard the "P" part of the PM quite seriously.)

The first irony is this hoopla has actually convinced me the opposite of what BugFool was trying to convey by the very way people have jumped to Lee's defense.

The second irony is if I do want c-f in the future (I have since gone in a different direction with my current 1302), I now won't be able to get it from Lee as he won't ship overseas anymore because of this.

Do not regard my perspective as a vote to keep or delete any of this. It is just one person's perspective and nothing more. I would be comfortable with any action or no action.
Old April 27th 2006, 16:33
VW consumer products reseller and researcher

hi all, well thanks for the support of L.A.P. ive also decided that i will still ship abroad to genuine people, why should others suffer because of a small minded individual, but when something like this happens i get hot headed and think what the hell am i doing going to all this trouble in making 1 off parts that take a long time to produce and then get unfounded abuse.
i think we should keep this on the forums ive nothing to hide.
just for the record iam a serious v dubber myself i dont just sell parts, and 99% of the parts we sell are made by us. iam 22 years into the vw scene and 11 years as a vw company iam here to stay full stop .
after 2 years of development i have forthcoming new molds that will be available in carbon and grp, they are early bonnets, early flip fronts, late door ,s, early style oversize rear wings, and best of all our own bucket seats, all this lot will go with our other late style products. thanks again. Lee. www.germanlook.co.uk
Old April 28th 2006, 07:34

As my wallet allows for it again I'll be ordering a cf kamai front spoiler and cf headlamp rings for early headlights if you have those. I'm not over the pond but there's a fair bit of water in between nevertheless