GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Classifieds > For Sale

Old December 27th 2003, 17:29

High performance T4 engine parts for sale

Hello-

I have the following items for sale. Unless specified, all are in used but very good condition, and came off a personal running engine of mine that I'm parting out.

- Genuine Bosch/VW 70A high-output alternator. Swaps in place of stock 50A alternator on pancake engines. Includes special pulley, alternator, harness, special cooling boot, and two good voltage regulators. Bearings are good, pulley is straight, everything works well. $50 OBO.

- Crankshaft and matching connecting rods. Crank is welded from forged VW pieces, counterweighted, 80mm stroke, Chevy rod journals. Mains are 0.010" under and rods are standard. Includes woodruff keys. Connecting rods are 5.500" long, 22mm pins, forged H-beam, Chevy rod journals, ARP bolts. With this stroke, you must carefully clearance the rods to not hit the cam - this work is already done. $400 OBO.

- Distributor drive gear, shaft, spacer, and spring. Complete set, all in good condition. $15 OBO.

- Flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, and hardware. All are 215mm 901/914 style. Flywheel is forged and lightened to <11lb, and includes the correct Porsche dowels for the pressure plate. The clutch is a 6-spring 911 disc (NOT a 914 disc - this is better and costs over $100) and has plenty of friction material left. The pressure plate is a Kennedy Eng. Stage II (which costs $225 alone!). Includes correct flywheel bolts, pressure plate bolts, flywheel/crank endplay shims, pilot bearing (in the flywheel), etc. The set isn't warped and functioned just fin in the car, but by looking at it, the flywheel and pressure plate should be resurfaced (easy and cheap by Rimco or equivalent). $175 OBO.

- Hydraulic lifter set. These are genuine Johnson from Webcam - not the new kinds that go flat. All show minimal wear. Faces are still slightly convex, just like new - none have gone flat or concave like bad lifters do! All still hold oil pressure and pump up well. $20 OBO.

- Oil pressure sender, VDO. This is the 2-prong one - one for an idiot light and one for the gauge. Still works like new. Includes correct fasteners for electrical connections. $15 OBO.

- 30mm oil pump. Blueprinted by LN Engineering, cast iron. Want outstanding oil pressure? This is it - it doesn't get any better. Modified for use in a T4 engine - drops right in. $20 OBO.

- 914-style oil temp sender plate. Includes the plate, a VDO sender (correct threads), and the second plate that guards against excessive exhaust heat. They don't leak. $40 OBO.

- Oil flow thermostat. This is NOT a fan thermostat - this is a sandwich adapter that goes between the cooler and the block for a remote oil cooler, but doesn't allow flow through the cooler until it's warm. Much better than a fan thermostat. No wiring. Doesn't leak. Made by Mocal. Has 1/2"NPT ports. $50 OBO.

- 1.5:1 billet rocker arms by Pauter. Complete set. Includes extra side-play shims so you can set sideplay correctly for your heads. Also includes a set of chromoly pushrods (may not be correct size for your application, though... just a freebie if it works). New arm sets are $400. I'm asking $200 OBO.

- Valve covers and bail wires. Pair of each. Good condition - no leaks. $15 OBO.

- 914-style windage tray. Includes tray, 4 seals, and the correct oil pickup tube to hold the tray. Seals are used, but are still good for many miles to go. $40 OBO.

- TWO Compufire discs and modules. These are new - never used. I kept them as spares. $35 OBO each.

E-mail me directly at shadlaws@stanford.edu for more information.

Thanks!

Take care,
Old January 2nd 2004, 03:12

Quote:
- Oil pressure sender, VDO. This is the 2-prong one - one for an idiot light and one for the gauge. Still works like new. Includes correct fasteners for electrical connections. $15 OBO.

- 30mm oil pump. Blueprinted by LN Engineering, cast iron. Want outstanding oil pressure? This is it - it doesn't get any better. Modified for use in a T4 engine - drops right in. $20 OBO.

- 914-style oil temp sender plate. Includes the plate, a VDO sender (correct threads), and the second plate that guards against excessive exhaust heat. They don't leak. $40 OBO.
Shad,

Emailed you & posted 'bout these. I want 'em

73 Olympic Blue 914 1.7L
69 Highlander Bug 1776
93 GL EV 2.5L The Van (sportin' a new FlowMaster !!)
Old January 2nd 2004, 19:25

Hello-

Thanks for your replies, guys! Most of the stuff has been sold. Below is a list of what's left.

All are in used but very good condition, and came off a personal running engine of mine that I'm parting out.

- Hydraulic lifter set. These are genuine Johnson from Webcam - not the new kinds that go flat. All show minimal wear. Faces are still slightly convex, just like new - none have gone flat or concave like bad lifters do! All still hold oil pressure and pump up well. $20 OBO.

- Valve covers and bail wires. Pair of each. Good condition - no leaks. $15 OBO.

- 914-style windage tray. Includes tray, 4 seals, and the correct oil pickup tube to hold the tray. Seals are used, but are still good for many miles to go. $40 OBO.

E-mail me directly at shadlaws@stanford.edu for more information and pictures.

Thanks!

Take care,
Shad Laws