GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Old July 12th 2008, 06:06

Nurburgring Lap Times!

after watching this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dcw7MqsGbE
I started wondering if anyone here has ever run the ring with there bug and what kind of lap times they got? if you have run your bug or know anyone who has post it up! I wanna see how good our GL's are doing on this infamous track!
Old July 12th 2008, 23:46

Check out this clip, Sabine in the Ring Taxi:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BeDK...eature=related

I've driven the Ring in a rental. Nothing fancy, Toyota turbo diesel as it was used on a 6week trip. I can't remember the time, i believe it was 11m6s or maybe 12m6s.

The car:

The track:

The 16euro a lap "ATM"

Fun:

I'd love to go back! Nurburgring Norschleife, Germanlook meet?
Pete

Last edited by petevw; July 12th 2008 at 23:47.
Old July 13th 2008, 05:15

Nürburgring Nordschleife Germanlook meet would really be very cool. One of the things I want to do when my bug is finished is to run it on the Nordschleife. Doing that with say another 50 bugs.... WOW!!!
Would give me a good deadline for my build too.... (for next year maybe)
Old July 14th 2008, 04:37

this is exactly what I was thinking when my build was done... A dream to ship my car (I'm in los angeles) to germany to run the ring with a big group of other VWs.
Old July 14th 2008, 09:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGL View Post
this is exactly what I was thinking when my build was done... A dream to ship my car (I'm in los angeles) to germany to run the ring with a big group of other VWs.
Hi

that's my plan when I win the lottery, do tour of all the UK and European shows, visit Wolfsburg then ship the car to the US and do all the VW shows, you gotta have a dream.

Do lap times on Forza count?

Steve
Old July 14th 2008, 11:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGL View Post
Yeah, I've got that the other way around. Doing Laguna Seca with my bug. Would probably end upsidedown at the bottom of the corkscrew but hey.... Fun none the less. However, Nürberg is only a few hours drive for me so that's a little bit more of a realistic dream.

BTW, this is a bug on the nordschleife (so google says) Not much info though, almost got carsick from the camera
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dp68...eature=related
Old July 14th 2008, 12:27

I'm the other way around Laguna Seca is about an hour from my house but I too want to drive the ring. If everything pans out I'll be over there next summer but my race car will probably stay home. Btw, I've been told that the corkscrew at laguna seca is like turning left into an elevator shaft, dropping 3 floors and then turning right. I haven't driven it yet but I will soon.
Old July 14th 2008, 16:17

Good post Socal!

Obviously I would like to run one day too, but all must be in top notch then, like a roll cage.
I think Matt would like to be there too

CU there (one day),
Walter
Old July 14th 2008, 17:42

Hé Humble, please take a video cam with you when you run laguna and post it here. I would love to see a bug take on the corkscrew.
About the ring... how serious could a nordslcheife meet be. Not being pushy, just being very enthusiastic.
Ok, I'll tone down now, being a newby and all.....
Old July 14th 2008, 20:44

Hi

I just heard that Racetaxi is running there on the 1st weekend in August.

Steve
Old July 15th 2008, 03:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
Obviously I would like to run one day too, but all must be in top notch then, like a roll cage.
I think Matt would like to be there too
From the Nurburgring it is only one hour driving to Bitburg. Maybe we should consider the idea of combining the Nurburgring Nordschleife with for instance DasDragDay @ Bitburg with a couple of guys. Friday, on our way to Bitburg, some runs at the Nordschleife and saturday and sunday at the dragrace track in Bitburg. That would be one hell of a weekend!
Old July 15th 2008, 03:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by aartjan View Post
From the Nurburgring it is only one hour driving to Bitburg. Maybe we should consider the idea of combining the Nurburgring Nordschleife with for instance DasDragDay @ Bitburg with a couple of guys. Friday, on our way to Bitburg, some runs at the Nordschleife and saturday and sunday at the dragrace track in Bitburg. That would be one hell of a weekend!
Thats not a bad idea at all!
Not sure if it would be possible for me this year already, but the combined action could make it more viable for those that come from abroad and/or need to travel further to get there
Old July 15th 2008, 09:00

I've done it in a mk5 GTi (my mate took some footage on my camera phone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hN5VAha8RU )and saw a couple of superbugs in the car park too. I didn't get a chance to talk to the bug owners, so no idea on lap times.

I will be going back there sometime next year (am thinking april or may at this stage) but if a group of you guys are going to be there I will definitely work my trip around it

Last edited by Cam; July 15th 2008 at 09:11.
Old July 16th 2008, 23:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by aartjan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
Thats not a bad idea at all!
Not sure if it would be possible for me this year already, but the combined action could make it more viable for those that come from abroad and/or need to travel further to get there
That's a great idea! I'd be up for that. Combining the Nordschleife, with a show, and possibly the new Porsche museum that will be completed soon.

What are the big VW shows in Europe?
Do you have any dates?

We can get a "feeler" going to see who's interested.

Pete
Old July 17th 2008, 00:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevw View Post
That's a great idea! I'd be up for that. Combining the Nordschleife, with a show, and possibly the new Porsche museum that will be completed soon.

What are the big VW shows in Europe?
Do you have any dates?

We can get a "feeler" going to see who's interested.

Pete
That's a great idea, Pete. Let's get some '09 dates for EU shows down and start the ball rolling on this. Once we have a good idea on dates we can also hit some other forums, really try and make it an aircooled invasion

Also, don't forget Project 2009 at the 'ring , which includes the worlds fastest accelerating roller coaster YEAH
There is also Autostadt http://www.autostadt.de which is just near Wolfsburg, on the way to Berlin (coolest city in the world, imho), I haven't had the chance to get there personally, but heard it's a Must See for VW and car fans alike.

Cam

Last edited by Cam; July 17th 2008 at 00:11.