GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Old March 30th 2011, 23:10

Pulley Alignments

Hi everyone, I'm trying to get a solid works teacher help me to make a center mounted to case alt stand. I need measurement for crank to alt as if a type one alt was being used bolted to the case vent opening.

I need crank pulley to alt pulley distance such as from the breather box to some on case to crank pulley groove. any help would be a big help.

Last edited by effvee; June 14th 2013 at 22:46.
Old April 10th 2011, 21:30

what are you trying to accomplish by doing this? in the solid works diagram it looks like a type 4 engine there is a type 4 conversion that uses the type 1 shroud and fan. are you planning to make a new design fan shroud?
Old April 11th 2011, 11:00

Shroud

Quote:
Originally Posted by vugbug71 View Post
what are you trying to accomplish by doing this? in the solid works diagram it looks like a type 4 engine there is a type 4 conversion that uses the type 1 shroud and fan. are you planning to make a new design fan shroud?
Hi, yes I am trying to make a new shroud. One were a person will not need to block off there breather tower, or mill it off in order to use the 911 fan. I know of the Cali conversion, the DTM and the many 911 fan app. I already have the fan done, but need the shrouding and placement correct. I think my friend will be able to do it now. At present I am on sick leave due to having shoulder surgery. I would love to see a stock looking app with a type IV in it, having the Berg linkage on it; that would be way cool. I hope to pick this back up within the next two months. Thanks again.

Last edited by effvee; April 11th 2011 at 11:31.