GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Suspension

Closed Thread

Old July 25th 2011, 16:26

Very nice work!!!

We are working on a new hub and caliper addapter for 944 brakes.
Old July 27th 2011, 10:09

Both Lanner and Kevin makes great stuff~!... plus they were really cool with the tons of questions I have.. kudos to both of them..
Will be putting together the front end and brakes soon.. will try to post some pics when I finally put em together
Old July 29th 2011, 14:44

Lanner can your hub set up for the Mendeola work with the 996TT brakes? I would like to buy the Mendeola front and rear and use the big brakes.

Kevin give me a call and let me know how far until you are ready for your kit. Can we buy your suspension without hubs and buy the Lanner units? I need to get the suspension on in the next month.

Thanks Guys
Meyers Manx Signature #85 , 79 Convert
Old August 3rd 2011, 12:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRSi View Post
Lanner can your hub set up for the Mendeola work with the 996TT brakes? I would like to buy the Mendeola front and rear and use the big brakes.

Kevin give me a call and let me know how far until you are ready for your kit. Can we buy your suspension without hubs and buy the Lanner units? I need to get the suspension on in the next month.

Thanks Guys
Our kits are for sale without front and rear brakes. Cost for complete front and rear kits are $5700usd.
Old August 15th 2011, 20:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRSi View Post
Yeah,
I can set it up for anything basically. IMHO, that's overkill, the rotors (24lbs ea) will be boat-anchors, but I guess the composite does help offset the weight. The Boxster S setup is a good compromise between performance and weight, on lighter cars I prefer regular boxster.
Old August 20th 2011, 16:07

Well I bought front and rear. Will post pics once we start.
Old September 5th 2011, 15:45

Subscribing for updates
Old September 21st 2011, 16:53

No return email in 10 days. No return phone calls either in those 10 days. Suspension pre-paid in full just to "get in line". No delivery date. I would just sell off the 993TT brake calipers and source some Cayman S ones if that would speed things up for existing design, but no response from Kevin. Week 5 of waiting for suspension is still no fun...

So it might actually be quicker to ship one from Europe! I think the most frustrating thing is one sees the photos of acres of suspension parts and assembled suspensions which makes you think that delivery is just an assembly away. Kevin call me.
Old September 21st 2011, 17:43

Hi Super RSi.
Kevin from Mendeola is on Vacation on Hawaii until September 26. Before he left all new suspension parts were send for powder coating. I know because mine are on that batch!
Old September 22nd 2011, 02:55

Would have been good business to let us all know. But thank you for letting me know. We are supposed to have the car at SEMA but not going to make it so that was not helping my attitude. Oh well, next year.
Old September 22nd 2011, 20:17

Can not answer you that, as I am only one of his customers. But I can understand you about the show. Earlier this year we were invited to the Car Crazy TV show and we were very late waiting from suppliers. We managed to pull it off at the last minute! So do not lost hope!
Old September 26th 2011, 14:52

Hello, Guys

Sorry I did not post I was going on vacation, however I took my laptop thinking the Hawaii was like the states with wifi in every hotel. It turned out that was not the case. I am back now and trying to get everything back up to speed.

Super RSI what is your true name? I would like to follow up on your kit so I can give you a status on it. Sorry about SEMA, I know how you feel, been there done that.
Old September 26th 2011, 18:56

SEMA is responsible for more ulcers than spicy curry.
VKG Bastage child
Old September 29th 2011, 23:42

Kevin, if you would just return my repeated voice mails or your emails you would have talked to me this week. If you looked at my location and my signature line you would have known who I am. Yet another week goes by...
Old October 3rd 2011, 12:45

Well I got fed up and finally just called Mike Mendeola at Mendeola Transmissions today. Very nice guy. It seems there was only six sets of suspensions built in this last run and they should be ready to go to powdercoat maybe today and be finished in a week or two. So says the man. And when these suspensions are delivered that will be the end of Mendeola suspensions. Mike said the low demand is causing him to shut the doors on the Suspension division upon delivery of this build unit. I can only hope that they can stay in the transmission business as I would love to have a Mendeola trans some day. Beautiful work. And hope our suspensions will be too! I told him the way Kevin behaved I thought he might be the nephew he had to give a job to...
Closed Thread