GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Off Topic

Old August 12th 2003, 22:40

Stoplight stories

win some, lose some, most embarassing loss? post some. I would but i can't for obviouse reasons. lets here 'em!
-= 76 cadillac seville (me & dad's) =-
-= 2002 toyota sequoia (brother's) =-
-= 99 ford explorer =-
-= 2005 Cayenne S =-
Old August 13th 2003, 00:47

-was cruising on a highway with a buddy that owns a '97 M3. the bimmer has full tuned suspension, chip/ECU, full headers and exhaust. slowed down to about 50km/h and then dumped on it. we were side by side till 200km/h and at that point i let off.

-was going along and turned right onto a 3 lane street. at the same time a camaro was turning left, and started to step on it, sooo i did too.... started to pull hard. next set of lights we come to a stop and he yells " what the #$%@ do you have in that thing?!!". i laughed and rolled of the light slow. so did he, he wanted no more.

-was cruising at 100km/h in the right lane on the highway. a C5 vette is cruising in the left lane. he comes up beside me and slows down. his girlfriend is pointing at my car while punching him (punch buggy no...) . he decides to roll on it, and so do i, still in 4th not downshifting. start accelerating and at 6500rpm the motor wakes up (FK-89 cam) and the motor gets loud! he looks over and slows down. his girlfriend laughs at him and gives me a thumbs up.

this was all last year.

we'll see what happens this year. changed cam over the winter (86c webcam) haven't driven much this summer.
Old August 15th 2003, 16:36

i'll have some when my car is done.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old August 16th 2003, 17:02

Last night I pulled up right beside an Eclipse with a nice paint can. Next thing i hear is hey I love your car, and there is about 4 chicks with this one guy ( he didnt say much). I knew i was about to get torn up, all I have is a healthy 1600 with dual carbs, and stinger. Well the light turned green and we eased off but then he punched it, so I siad what the hell! I put it to the floor and shifted 1 time(when i got ready to shift again I was out past him), he backed down! I guess the big tach on the dash and loud pipes made him think I had more than I did . Ive got a larger motor in the works so i dont have to keep pretending.
Old August 28th 2003, 00:35

finally i got one

My dad and I had just gotten out of the grocery store,which by the way sells no vw magazines, and we saw a new EVO, ya' know all wheel brembo(or wilwood) brakes turbo charged,any ways we saw one in the parking lot revin its engine like crazy i immediatly started to drool with the sound of that blow off valve. then me and my dad pulled out of the parking lot and came to a stop light which is on like a big 4 lane service road with awesome curves,and guess who pulls up beside us MR.EVO so he starts revin his engine again and me and my dad are like "he wants to race?" i was like "i dunno i hear those things are pretty fast" then i realized were not in the cadillac we're in the porsche. any way light turns green we both floor it and it was really close for a while, then my dad shifted to 2nd (lol),and then 3rd and then we're goin fast. then 4th crazy fast. but evo was still in sight.then my dad redlines into 5th i crap my pants and mr.evo is no where insight. now the whole race came to me as a total suprise seeing as how my dad hasn't redlined it in 3rd with me in the car (i don't think he had ever raced b4 this) but it was awesome and now im wanting my t4 done more than ever!
-= 76 cadillac seville (me & dad's) =-
-= 2002 toyota sequoia (brother's) =-
-= 99 ford explorer =-
-= 2005 Cayenne S =-
Old August 28th 2003, 08:40

Thumbs up full throttle 2332cc

Driving home and I broke the front transmission mount . Every time you step on the gas the gearbox moves up and stretches the accelerator . When you get full throttle on a 2332 after each gear change its an interesting ride home!! Lucky I live up hill!!

Big motor-Big brakes-Big wheels-Big FUN !!!!
Old August 28th 2003, 10:42
Administrator

A while back, just after I installed the T4, I was out on the back roads trying to get a feel for the new power I had. On the way back into town, I was stopped at a light and buddy in a riced out civic pulls up.

I was checking my gauges to make sure the engine was fine and then I hear a rev ... so I said 'why not' .. the light turned green, and I dropped the hammer and popped the trans out of gear ... and buddy walked away from me ...

Oh well, I now know that if I pop the clutch at a light, the trans will pop out of gear. I'd rather roadrace than dragrace but will have some great stories and vids when I hit the circuit in 2004 !

Sandeep
Old August 28th 2003, 15:24

ShApE, You might be suprised at how often your dad really gets on the Porsche hard.... I'm 48 and drive fast/hard when it's safe (not in residential areas like I see the young kids do these days).

Sandeep, I think your shifter needs adjusting a little, it should never pop out of gear from a hard start. Easy fix, then spank that Civic.

My GL is on hold again (several other projects interfering) so no stories from that one but my daily driver trash bug is loads of fun, everyone seems to think it's slow and will do anything to stay in front of it when I enter the freeway. They don't realize I can run it 75mph all day with an occasional blast to 85 (too fast) and am not afraid to do it!! If I get stopped by the highway patrol I'll just tell them "I need to get a run at the hill"! I'll bet they buy it.....
ken
Old August 28th 2003, 22:44

Sandeep,

solid mount everything so nothing moves!

pete
Old August 29th 2003, 08:53
Administrator

Pete,

If I do that the only thing shaking will be my teeth !

Ken,

I never thought of that. I will look into it.

Sandeep
Old September 12th 2003, 18:54

First off...hello to all as this is my first post on this forum.

Here's my story.

I've left from a friends house. It's close to 2 am. I'm getting on the 210 fwy at the Lowell Ave. on ramp in Tujunga, Ca. The ramp is almost 360 degrees to get on the fwy.

I'm on the ramp and a small MBZ E230 Kompressor comes up fast behind me and is tailgating me...I step on the gas and speed up and come to the merge lane. He jumps out into the traffic lanes and signals me to race him...I am more than happy to go fast. He of course gets the jump on me and zooms out past me about 5 or 6 car lengths. I'm redlining 3rd and dropping into 4th...at about 110mph or 120mph I'm catching up and I put it into 5th gear. As I pass him...not a quick pass...but a pass nonetheless...he's pounding on his steering wheel.

I pegged my speed-O which maxes out at 140mph. I know I got to 145mph at least and probably pretty close to 150mph. Needless to say, upon cruising at at least 145mph for about 30 secs...I slowed down and he caught up. We just smiled at each other and waved. (Well, I smiled, I couldn't tell if he smiled back...but he did wave.)

I've had many encounters of this kind and I don't always win. But I have had some really satisfying wins over some of those "azn" mobiles with their carbon-fibre hoods, tin-can exhaust systems, neon lights, dummy shift light...

Here's the car I do it all in...

I don't know if I can post a pic actually so click on this link

Fear the Four-Eyed Speed Demon. He will pass!
Old September 14th 2003, 11:17

When i was bringing my 69 ghia home from a friends race shop after he installed my first real motor(1914,45dells,big heads,etc.).I decided to try my luck with a camaro.The light turned green,i went through the paces, but something was wrong.The camaro was gone,the cars behind the camaro were going by and i was topping 3rd gear in a cloud of smoke.I soon learned not to tach it up so damn high all you get is a bunch of tire smoke and a hurt ego...Donald..
Old September 15th 2003, 00:01

BavarianWheels,

Nice looking 5 series, I used to own an E28 M5. Wish I still had it.... I enjoy BMWs as much or more than VWs.

I don't want to be a stinker but certainly you looked through the GL site before you became a member.... Not much BMW stuff going on here, do you have plans for a VW project?? No, I'm not the forum police, everyone is welcome here, just curious as to why a BMW fan would hang out here instead of Roadfly or another BMW forum. I hope you get the GL "bug" and get a project going.

ken
Old September 15th 2003, 14:44

BMW's are German...I initially saw the words "German Look" in a search in Yahoo...and found it to be about VW's...no prob...I have a 1973 Type II bus...needs some engine work, but when It was my daily driver, I LOVED IT!!...I believe you can see it in one of the pics...here

btw...what is wrong with my sig...the pic should show up???

Fear the Four-Eyed Speed Demon. He will pass!

Last edited by BavarianWheels; September 15th 2003 at 14:47.
Old September 17th 2003, 10:20

Hi

A few years ago when my bug was still NA, but had the high comp, webbers etc I was following a Trans Am vert, the guy must have been taking a bunch 10 or 11 year olds for a drive, there was one older fellow driving and all these little heads sticking up in the car. I saw the fellow look in his mirror, say something to kids, all the kids turned around to look at me, the trans am got into it, so did I and I caught him real quick, bet he dosent go showing off to kids anymore when he sees a fat bug. Before you get worried we didnt really do anything highspeed, just a blat between roundabouts.

Theres a sucker born every minute when you drive a quick bug.

Steve C