GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Off Topic

Old May 31st 2004, 17:02

well, i made it back home. not looking forward to the jetlag recovery.

the wife and i headed up from san diego on Saturday. 8 hour drive inlcuding some LA traffic. not bad at all. had i not been a dumba$$, i would have thought to have called Carbon Joe earlier and swung by to meet him. seeing a black vert at the show on Sunday made me think to call, but he stayed home on a rare weekend off and catchup on house work. boy do i know that feeling.

hit the show around 10:00 on Sunday. after a little bit of sticker shock at the front gate (3x what shows go for in the South) we hit the swap and vendor area. a really good sized area. that took a good 45 minutes just to breeze through. hooked up with Supa Ninja, VWill'n and Super VW. watched some racing and then hit the show cars.

i will do a show write-up soon. but here is my summary. i was glad to see how the fabled (for the right-coasters) Cali shows go. for you guys over here, it was about the size of BugJam or maybe a touch larger but in a smaller area). swap/vendor area gets a 8.5 outta 10 for size and quality. races get a 9 outta 10. i only watched a little, but everything seemed to be run VERY smooth and there were some bada$$ cars. show area and cars get a 6 outta 10. nice quantity, sub-par quality compared to what i expected, and way too cramped. i would say on average, the cars were no better or worse than shows here, but they were just packed in way to tight to enjoy.

got to talk with quit a few people that were running a line close to GL and told them to come check out the site. hope we can push them over the edge and find some future GL'ers there.

i want to thank you guys for the welcome and hanging. i really enjoyed the show. melodee and i stumbled across the Jazz Jubilee in Old Sac once we left the show and spent the rest of the day hanging there. Very cool place.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old May 31st 2004, 18:36

btw, here is one pic of the fasty. more pics to come in the coverage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0110.jpg (81.7 KB, 12 views)

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design