GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Clubs From Around The World > VolkSport Käfer Gruppe

Old June 20th 2004, 07:38
Administrator

"Großes Wochenende"

It was great to see everyone and Great to meet Mikey 72 GL and his Girl friend, thanks for making the trip everyone. A big thanks to Brenden for all the help trying to get my car to the show. I hate I didn't get it done. I hate even worse that I let the Yellow Woody Vert take first place for Super Beetle all years. The trophies were very nice this year, a silver cup (real) on a marble base(real). The Atl folks did a great job pulling it together again this year. I hope everyone had a great time in Hellen, sorry I had to bail. I'm waiting for Slowpoker now to hook-up on the audio system I have had done for his car for weeks. I will get paid a little $$$ for the job and he will finaly have his hidden Retro look sound system.
Kevin Smith took the top honors for early Beetle and Alan Raggsdale took the Ghia class.
I'm realy looking forward to Taccoa now. I think we should do the swap area and camp-out/comedy night/cook-out again. I should be able to come up with some oil lines that will stay on by then .
66 Beetle, 73 Standard Beetle
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe
Old June 20th 2004, 11:51

yea. was definitely a good time. i am tired and sore though. with all of the tiny car troubles, i was beginning to think someone was trying to tell me that i shouldn't be there, but all worked out well...and the van never even got fire.

after heading out from a fine show (and no_h20, you are on the hook for letting that woody win...wouldn't ahve happened if your car was there ) we went up 400. we allowed the English guy to lead and...well, we still got there. we just took a right turn a little early. it still lead us right into Helen, but not via Blood Mountain. we did hit two small hills though. it worked out for the better considering the cars everyone ended up having to drive. next year we will ALL have our bugs there, no excuses (especially that pansy a/c one).

go-carting was a blast. feeling the pain today though. hopefully the guys will recover from their humiliation i handed them (and the whip lash). was a good long night of racing. 4 races and about 80-100 laps.

lastly...Nigel finally has succumed. we officially have him as our newest VKG member. welcome aboard Nigel.

in my humble opinion this is to be a early ritual. next time we will actually do the mountain run and maybe be able to cram in a visit to Jake's. a Friday night get together would be fun too for those coming early. you guys up for this being a yearly event?

(sorry for the length)

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old June 20th 2004, 12:25

sounds like you guys had fun...

it sux that I couldnt make it, but I went to the Chiropractor on Friday and my back/shoulder is really out of whack. I dont think muscle relaxers would have cut iit Zen. I have to go again on Monday morning. I really couldnt do anything this weekend. I could barely sleep at night the pain was so constant. Enough about me, glad to hear that it was a great time. Really looking forward to next year. It definitely should be a whole weekend like you suggested.

'I drive way to fast to worry about cholesterol!'

'67 Sunroof Notchback * '68 FI Squareback
Old June 20th 2004, 12:26

Welcome aboard Nigel :agree:

'I drive way to fast to worry about cholesterol!'

'67 Sunroof Notchback * '68 FI Squareback
Old June 20th 2004, 12:32

yea, everyone asked about you joe. sorry you couldn't make it. i will need a chiro after the go-carts.

so here is a bad question...anyone take any pics of the go-carting so i can include them in the newsletter? i have pics of the show and gatherings there, but that is it. bad newsletter guy (Bud commercial going through my head now).

oh...forgot to mention my f(*&ing event t-shirt showed up in the mail on Saturday...after i left.

Company Branding, Graphic Design, and Web Services at DigiVinci Design
Old June 20th 2004, 14:10
Administrator

Welcome Nigel, I knew you would be along shortly.
I need some back pain releaf after 4-5 weekends of working on (under) cars.
Hope you get straitened out (pun intended) Joe.
On the hook this
66 Beetle, 73 Standard Beetle
72 Pinzgauer 710M
Volksport Kafer Gruppe