GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 8th 2004, 02:53

SE Dyno Day & Silver Dolar Showdown

I just got back from my weekend trip to Georgia with Brendan (boygenius) and the other VKG guys that could make it up there too (Zen, NoH2o, Kenfyoozed, SpeedDreamer, and GoFastInc.) and I cant forget Charles from L&N Engineering too.

Friday we left Daytona Beach, Florida around 1pm. We met up with my friend Bill from Deland and then Patrick from Miami, and later on around 3pm we met up with Kip from Bradenton who was driving a 51 Cal Look Split window with 16" Fuchs and an 1835. Once we got near Atlanta we split off from the car group to go meet up at Zen's house. The rest of the group went to the hotel to get some much needed rest before the Dyno Day on Saturday.

Friday night, we got up to Zen's house to drop off some much needed rear brakes around 10pm. The brakes needed some spacers to be installed correctly so Neil had to use a grinding wheel to open up some washers because we didnt have any large enough. So once the brakes were installed, the clutch was adjusted and off we went to our hotel at 2am.

Saturday we went to the SE Dyno Day held at ALL Speed in Peach Tree City, GA. It rained in the morning and it looked like it was going to be a crappy day. But then by 11am the sun came out and it turned out rather well. The All Speed facility was large & modern. Their crew dyno'd VWs from 10am to about 5pm on Saturday. There were some impressive numbers produced by these little aircooled vehicles. There were burnouts in the parking lot and VWs going fast down the backroads of Georgia. You could hear the sound of stingers screaming all day. Horsepower was in the air. The BK Cruisers did a smack up job hosting this event and really did a great job of putting it all together. I was really impressed by the turnout and how well it was run. I would definitely recommend that you take some time off work and make a trip up there to the next one they have this event whenever that may be. :agree:

Sunday we went to the Silver Dolar Showdown held in Reynolds, GA. It turned out to be a really hot & sunny day after being so cold the night before. There was an impressive number of VW Drag cars that turned out for this first time event from all over the South East. It just goes to show that high performance VW's arent going anywhere anytime soon. It was really great seeing some of the cars I usually see sitting in the show coral, going down the track too. The show cars showed up also, both air & water cooled were represented. There was also a swap meet with new & used parts vendors. For this only being the first year of this show, the turnout was really impressive. I think that both Kathy & Keith (SEVWC & SEVWA) both deserve our support & respect for all there hard work & dedication to the aircooled VW scene. Make sure you go check it out next year, you wont be disappointed.

All in all, a great time was had by all. I wish to thank all those responsible for these two great events. I am sure you brought smiles to many faces this past weekend. For once, I felt like the SouthEast got a taste of what it would be like to live in Orange County, California.

'I drive way to fast to worry about cholesterol!'

'67 Sunroof Notchback * '68 FI Squareback

Last edited by vujade; March 8th 2004 at 02:56.