GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > General > Project Builds

Old July 17th 2015, 18:30

I'm currently installing an AEM EMS4 EFI system in to the Ghia -- -- I have been using the Honeywell GT101 Hall effect sensors for most of the applications

Now I'm installing a speed sensor onto the Ghia -- The bracket and pulse ring I got from Pacific Customs in Corona

pulse generator ring:
http://www.pacificcustoms.com/mm5/me...nders-hardware

bracket for my 091:
http://www.pacificcustoms.com/mm5/me...nders-hardware

But with this bracket a standard GT101, which has a tab that you bolt to your bracket, will not work -- I need one that is threaded on the outside so that adjustments can be made -- -- SOOOO after spending half of today cross referencing parts I finally found someone that had the knowledge to finish my quest -- The part number I need from Honeywell is SR4P3-A1

http://sensing.honeywell.com/product-page?pr_id=56074

They are about $5 dollars more than the GT101 at $43 each at Mouser Electronics.....

I'm gonna finish this damn thing on of these days LOL
Old July 17th 2015, 19:13

I'm STILL working on the AEM EMS4 install -- the engine compartment wiring is done -- so mainly it is bringing all the wires together into one big bundle that doesn't hurt my eyes -- just decided to do a speed sensor, so the sensor should be here middle of next week,,,,

OH CRAP, it's coming UPS,,,, who the hell knows when it will get here

Oh Well, I've been cleaning up all the wiring as I go along, so there is a lot of 2 steps forward and one step back chit.... I just installed new positive and negative cables from the back of the car up to battery in the front.... Been thinking about installing a new starter when I get under the car to put in the speed sensor and connect the new positive to the starter -- --

I'm too frigging BIG to start with and now I'm getting to frigging old and blind to be snaking my big azz through this cage to get to chit I tell you LOL

Old July 22nd 2015, 13:00

Well, a lot on my plate today -- LOL -- Last night decided to run the oil lines down the tunnel and also put in a new starter and do the associated wiring with that chore -- -- So I had a choice of 2 starters setting on the shelf a new 16300, which is the auto-shift starter that I love in almost any situation, and an almost new Hi-Torque starter -- -- I decided to use the Hi-Torque and then remembered it was a IMI105 which is for use on a 6 volt flywheel -- damn -- Then I remembered a friend who was a neighbor of Chris Isom on of the owners of Hi-Torque, so I called my buddy who called Chris and Chris was nice enough to talk to me about what needed to be done -- seems as if they are both the same starter except for the pinion gear is bigger for the 6v flywheel -- so for $15 I got a kit to change over the gears. -- That little clip is a mother to get off and even harder to put back on LOL -- I must of had it spring off 5 -10 times while trying to get it on -- that little bastard is hard to find too LOL

with old gear removed and ready for new gear install--

old gear and new gear kit on left--

I'll need to orient the starter since it was last on the Porsche 901, but that is just R&R 2 bolts -- --

but before I do that -- I have to take the cat ((a few of you remember THE CAT)) to the vet to have her ANAL GLANDS expressed -- -- OH Joy!!!!!
Old July 24th 2015, 15:07

Dagmabit -- -- Sometimes it a MFer having an old mans memory in a 18 year-olds body -- --

Like having a 3/4" sensor hole and swearing you need a 1/2" sensor -- -- Oh welllllll, nothing a couple of fender washers won't fix -- -- I hope LOL

Old August 2nd 2015, 02:57

Finally decided on a plan for the oil coolers move the front of the car -- -- I know, I know, but sometimes it just takes me a while to decide on a course of action -- I decided that since the shift rod was now run on top of the tunnel, I'd run some 5/8" aluminum tubing thru the tunnel -- - -- Since the PO cut the bottom of the tunnel at the rear to do the shifter for the 901 trans is should be a cake walk -- -- I got some water hose and cut it into 2" lengths and placed them every 1.5 to 2 foot along the tubing to hopefully reduce rattling -- I was going to put over the entire distance but I was wanting the tubing to act as a heat sink to also help lower the oil temps so I didn't --- --

I did some work on the front vents so that I can maybe add some ducting to the coolers

Here is a picture of the tubing exiting thru the PO's 901 hole:::::::

I'm still playing with a couple of different ways to mount the coolers in the nose -- and the mounting brackets -- but here is kinda what I'm leaning towards----- (you can see the tubing exiting thru the shift rod access hole)

Hope to finish this up tomorrow and get some brackets made and all the hoses ran to the coolers................
Old August 2nd 2015, 18:54

So was finishing up the oil cooler install and using SS tubing -- Things were going pretty good, then started flaring the tubing ends -- you know, always feeling it needs to have the last quarter turn to finish that perfect flare -- NOT

It's amazing just how much can leak thru those little cracks at pressure LOL -- -- Then started looking for that last piece of tubing to finish the install -- -- damnit -- it was 5/8" aluminum, needed 1/2" SS -- Oh Well, 20" short of tubing finished the day for me -- might stop by G and J in Ontario and the way home tomorrow and get a piece of SS tubing

Old September 2nd 2015, 23:37

I met a buddy for lunch today -- look at what the damn bastard drove up in -- --

It was his dad's who bought in '79 for $19K -- his dad took a greyhound to Texas with the money in a tool box -- -- Only the second time in four years he had driven it -- should of seen the commotion it caused -- even a Firetruck going up the street with its siren on had guys hanging out the window starring ....... It's 100% original total unrestored ... Oh it's a '70 Plymouth Super Bird
Old September 3rd 2015, 01:39
Administrator

I think I officially hate your friend, and I haven't even met him.

;-)

-Dave
'68 Type 1 - Interm German 'look' project
'75 Type 1 - Family Heirloom
'93 Chevy 3500 pickup - Cummins Swap
Old September 3rd 2015, 06:25

That, is stunning!!!
Old September 16th 2015, 15:05

This is freaking embarrassing -- -- Just figured out that this is the first time this year the car has been out of the garage --

Oh Well, -- It's at least back together, just waiting on the tuner -- --

Old September 16th 2015, 18:31

It was looking soooo good in the driveway this morning -- I just figured that daddy needed a new chair for the office

A Kirkey Seat is for sale !!!!

Old September 19th 2015, 13:53

Nice ghia mate
Old September 19th 2015, 18:45

Thank You
Old September 22nd 2015, 12:26

I was just wondering if .. .. .. .. ..

Old September 24th 2015, 22:50

I'd love to have huge(r) tires under the Ghia -- -- But I can't bring myself to do any cutting to the body, I just think the stock lines are beautiful -- I could do a 3" Torsion narrowing and go that route, but it would require a lot of "redo" to my cage as it is mounted to the outside of the torsion tubes..........

And then I find this build ------

http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/1...d-Sema-Project

I just think all the 'hacking' done to this body is just crazy -- -- It will be badass when done but .. .. .. ... ..