GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > Engines

Old July 19th 2006, 05:24

After market Fuel injection

Im sure youve all been through this topic before but Im gonna bring it up again....Im setting up a turbo charged fuel injected type 1 motor and wanted to run my fuel system by you guys for any hints or advice,there are many ways to skin a cat and this is my idea ,what do you think? Starting at the aluminium fuel tank I am fabricating with baffels and bigger capasity ,dash 12 main out let to a low pressure high volume pump dash 12 to the middle fitting on a 1.5 ltr surge pot,dash 12 from bottom fitting on tank to an inline high flow filter to in line high pressure pump.dash 10 from HP pump into 12mm aluminium tube through tunnel. to the rear end of car, dash 10 fitting to braided line to T peice to [Dual throttle bodies] fuel rails through to a riseing rate fuel regulator back to the aluminium return line in the tunnel back to the front of car and dash 10 braided back to the tank through a fitting on the opposite side from the main out let in the bottom of the tank.Breathers.....A single breather for the tank in dash 10 in the top corner of the tank or in the filler neck if it has one a breather/over flow in dash 10 from the top of the surge pot back to the main tank. thats about it for now. Ive notice holes on the outside of the throttle bodies that I also assume are breather/return/or over flow which I would also plumb back to the return line.Im usingCB Performance throttle bodies and will proberbly add another filter some where.If anyone has anythoughts , additions or critisizim to my planned system please let me know ,Im no expert! I also dont understand the main breather ,do you just use a long lenth of hose or is there some sort of stop valve you can use,as I invisage fuel spurting out the end on the twisty bits! cheers .