GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Old August 26th 2003, 14:37

remmele...fast and furious

last week I've been to remmele shop and add a chance to try a 1303 model powered with an extreme 2,4 liter with remmele third generation/evolution head cylinders "type1 style".. car is realy powerfull and fast, it kick you in the A** he heaven dropped me 50 meters behind at a red litgh start (with my BMW M3 from 97) I was realy suprised about the perfomance of that car, it take 8400rpm on all the 3 first gear and up over 7250rpm on the last gear (tranny is a 8x31 with last on 0,89 ratio) take you up over 240 km/h......
If you have a chance to jump there and take a ride.. do it.. you will ask fro more

I will send 260 new pics to alex for the site, all about remmele shop and cars and parts..

david

Last edited by elroocky; August 26th 2003 at 15:18.
Old August 26th 2003, 15:06

Re: remmele...fast and furious

[IMG]remmelekiller.jpg[/IMG]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg remmelekiller.jpg (52.4 KB, 534 views)
Old August 26th 2003, 15:40
Administrator

David,

AMAZING !

Thanks for taking the time to show us the picture. I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest of the pictures.

There was a silver Remmele beetle in Volksworld a while back ... That car has been my inspiration !

Thanks again.

Sandeep
Old August 29th 2003, 00:33

SICK! TOTALY KICKASS!:silly:
Old August 29th 2003, 16:23

WOW
thats a similar colour to my car, looks like i'll be tinting my windows soon then it looks really good with the blue!!
Adam
Old August 30th 2003, 16:46

Yeh, I've seen the 3 page article in VW Speed of that car. Too bad he doesn't sell his heads seperately...
Makes you wonder about those 103's as well...
Walter

PS David, did you have a chance to ask Eddy why he still uses a drum brake set-up at the rear with that car??

Last edited by Wally; August 30th 2003 at 16:53.
Old August 30th 2003, 16:58

Question mistake

hi wally,

you can get a pair separatly... price is between 2600 € stock up to 3000 € with specila setting like 48x54mm valves and admission pipes..to same diameter and lined up & polished.. but only availeble for 103mm barels... and over....

if you want this 2366cc type4 engine is for sale as a "turn key" at 12000 €... it has about 2300 kilometers.. may be a little more now... since last week..

for the brakes, I dont know... but with a car like that a 944 rear kit brake shoud be a minimum.. but you know eddy is a little crazy.. sometime

david
Old August 30th 2003, 18:12

Re: mistake

Quote:
Originally posted by elroocky
hi wally,

you can get a pair separatly... david
Hi David,
A friend of mine (Richie) was over there a month or two ago and was told that the heads were not for sale seperate. Only if Remmele supplied you a complete long block with their heads, they could be had, but only that way...
Is your information newer? Has he changed his policy?
I'am very keen to find out.
Thanks,
Walter
Old August 31st 2003, 04:24

Question humm hummm.. strange

that look's strange.... he offered me one pair off these last week with 46x54 valves...for 2850 €...to replace my old 914 heads on my 1303 racing beetle but that's not in my budget for the moment .... new heads mean's you need complet new exaust, new pipes, new rocket arms.. and that bring's you more close than 6500 euro just to replace the top part of the engine...

but it cant' be.. he sold a few pairs around the world.. too US, 2 sets, uk, 1 set, germany 7 sets, australia 1 set, japan 2 sets... and other without any long bloc engines... when I was there between the 14 and the 23 august , eddy and I were back in germany to see the guy who makes the machin work on the heads.. we took back to the shop 6 heads sets complete, and 10 other sets were still under machin work.. and two big boxes of admission pipes for these heads..(about 50 pairs of pipes) I cant belive that he keep's all these sets only for him .. he must sell some... I know he has for the moment 3 complete engines to make ( a 2,8 injection, a 2,9 and a 3 litres injection..) thats shure.. but with actually 2 sets ready in is shop, 6 sets ready to work on, and 10 sets comming just behind.. and only 3 engines under wait and maybe 2 orders comming..(2,4 and 2,6 ) that let's a few sets free for sale... and I'm sure he sell them..... and head set are available on his catalogue..? (okey catalogue is not finished but they are available on...)

david

Last edited by elroocky; August 31st 2003 at 04:34.
Old August 31st 2003, 14:53

David,
Thanks for your complete answer. That is indeed contradictionairy with my previous assumption. I believe that I read that Jake Raby also got a 'Non' from eddy with respect to a set of heads only...
Anyway, thanks again,
Walter
Old August 31st 2003, 17:16

Hello,

It would be silly not to chime in here. As Wally said, I have been at Remmele's end of May this year and I was told that he wouldn't sell the heads seperately. All due to problems that some other builders encountered and had blamed the heads for. Maybe he was just in a "no-sale" mood when I was there.
Well, I guess David has a better relation with mr. Remmele so he probably has the best info. I can only say what I've been told.
By the way, David did you clean your old black cup-car in the meantime? It was looking a bit scruffy with all the dust on it parked outside Remmele's shop!

Cheers,
Richard
Old September 6th 2003, 09:37

a bit scruffy .. no.. realy..?

hi richard,

my car a little scuffy...??? no , can't belive you.. I needed a good day to clean that old superbeetle... but it was rather a good moment.. for the head, I know like I said that some sets are available for sales... but like you said, maybe eddy has restriction to sell set's too all "strangers".. ( if I can say soo).. has we see already a few copies are already availeble on the market. It must be to prevent him self of a "head cylinder hacker"...

I've not warried, i've got my pair at home now for a futur projet.. :silly:
david

PS: for richard and walter; I was in europoort rotherdam all week for my job... I've seen over there a yellow 1303S on 944 brakes and cookie cuter rims and with type 4 on the road..every morning.. ? may be you now that car..? or the owner.. I'll would like to richt him.. for more info on his double front barre system.. and stabies
thank's

david
Old September 7th 2003, 03:58

David,
Its a (very) small world indeed: that car is of one of my best friends: Rogier. You described it in detail. He also has 411 side intake grills...
I will forward you his email adress.
Thanks on the details of the Remmele heads: since the development of the LN heads very probably stop, all alternatives must be again reviewed.
Greetings,
Walter
Old September 7th 2003, 04:34

thank's

thank's, okey I know he work at Kuwait petroleun plant, I was there too. more specifications on car to be shure.. black cookie cuter rim, single wiper in center like DTM style, addition fog light on front.. black bumpers and double bleu stabby's on front chassis with small spoiler...
that's what I remember

and the car was on the site of Q8 petroleum raffenie

david
Old December 8th 2005, 13:39

Exclamation

If anyone has more details (maybe a photo) about these heads, pls let me know