GermanLook Forums  

Go Back   GermanLook Forums > Technical Section > German Look Tuning

Old December 2nd 2005, 06:47

LA Performance are they good guys??

Hi from Australia I was wondering if anyone in the UK or else where in the world have delt with or bought parts from LA Performance in the UK,Im hoping to order sum carbon fibre parts from them,they look good and are a lot cheeper than Remmele but as Im thousands of kilometers away Im not sure if they are a reputable buisness,They sound like straight up dudes but its hard to tell so please let me know if anyone has had any dealings with them and how they turned out!! especialy there carbon F work thanx boys!
Old December 2nd 2005, 08:16
VW consumer products reseller and researcher

i shouldnt be answering this but as iam 1 of 2 or 3 people in the world making c/f parts for bugs i ll lay it straight out for you all.
when i get an order for c/f products i want payment upfront before we make the parts, which we do in house. ive had to many dreamers to deal with who totally have no concept of how we make the parts , let alone how long it takes to make the molds for said items, ive even had people order, then back out at last minute, iam stuck with the parts and lose out on time spent, i no a lot of people dont like paying upfront but thats the way it is if you want c/f from L.A.P, as for being good guys well, mike serrone will confirm this as we sent him some bumpers and a front spoiler a few years ago, well they got broke in transit, to cut a long story short, i sent him some more at my cost. we have been in bussiness for 10 years in january 06, i no there are people out there that have delt with us and are well pleased with the service, i also no you cant please every one. we give 110% to every customer that buys from L.A.P . so thats my 2cents worth john. anybody else can chime in if they want to. all the best Lee L.A.P
Old December 2nd 2005, 12:46

Lee - Do you offer CF door panels? If so what is the cost + shipping to the US? I'm looking for a set...
Old December 2nd 2005, 15:11

hi mike , well i have them on my own cars but at present we do not plan on selling them to the general puplic.with the time involved with lay up and cost of carbon cloth ,its too expensive for resale at the moment . we are trying to lessen the time involved with manufacture, in all honesty they might be availble mid 06, shipping will cost £150 plus from here to you.
if carbon joe has jacked it in for a while and there are a lot of you in the states that want c/f i would be able to do a bulk order and slightly reduce cost shipping would be the same for a lot of parts as it would be for a couple of items. all the best Lee L.A.P
Old December 8th 2005, 19:47

happy customer ...

This is my exhaust that L.A.P. made to my exact requirements - PERFECT.

I've seen their CF goodies - very nice.

I can wholly reccommend :agree:

Angelo

Old December 21st 2005, 17:25

Just recieved a package from L.A.P : Headlightrings.
My experience is that the service is five star superb. Paymentsystem is slow and oldfasion (banktransfer) this meen that you have to wait longer for package to ship.
Finish on the part i recieved is not what i expected...., but it can be fixed with a good polishing. also it is not completly carbon. only a thin outside layer. wich is okay because you dont see the inside.
Shipping package was a unmarked cardboard box sendt as a letter (signed for) with no invoice, wich is great because then i didnt have to pay 25% norwegian tax.
I will order lots of more parts from him in the future and i give my best recomendations.
(hope he gets creditcard payment system)

Vin
Old December 21st 2005, 19:38

Turbo,

Where is Sandes relative to Olso.. Just curious.. I enjoy Norway.. the Fjords are awesome..
Alex
Old December 30th 2005, 12:35

Lee gets my thumbs up as well, as he came to the rescue for my crank with a long out of production bearing set
Never met the guy, but somehow I like him already and he seems to think alike us GL gearheads

Walter
Old January 2nd 2006, 17:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOAF
Turbo,

Where is Sandes relative to Olso.. Just curious.. I enjoy Norway.. the Fjords are awesome..
Alex
Sandnes is on the west coast. yes where all the fjords is.
Old January 10th 2006, 15:03

thanks guys for the recomendations, i ,like you lot are heavily into vw,s full stop. its why i started the bussiness in the first place, its my passion and i love germanlook and all its features. iam always developing new parts to improve on the look, whilst i try to please every customer that buys from L.A.P i no i cant please every one all of the time. but iam a 1 man firm. i dont have loads of people working for me i do it all myself , some things are not up to scratch concerning payment methods but they will have to stay that way becuase its so expensive here in the u.k to be able to have credit card facilates . thanks again guys if there where no customers there would not be an L.A.P. happy new year to all for 2006. Lee Arnold www.laperformance.co.uk